Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: davidrsmith on September 20, 2016, 09:28:10 PM

Title: seized front brake piston
Post by: davidrsmith on September 20, 2016, 09:28:10 PM
Hi

My front brake piston appears to be seized in place, the caliper etc is off the bike and I have tried filling the caliper recess around the piston with wd40 but I cannot get the piston to move.
Does anyone have any advice on how to free the piston so that I can clean it an replace the seals etc.

Thanks
Dave
Title: Re: seized front brake piston
Post by: Johnwebley on September 20, 2016, 09:32:48 PM
Can you assemble it
And use the mastercylinder to pump the piston out?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Title: Re: seized front brake piston
Post by: Trigger on September 20, 2016, 09:47:52 PM
Grease gun works every time.
Title: Re: seized front brake piston
Post by: Chris400F on September 20, 2016, 10:54:39 PM
See this thread.
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,11011.msg81041.html#msg81041