Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Honda Al on October 01, 2016, 11:18:18 PM

Title: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: Honda Al on October 01, 2016, 11:18:18 PM
Hi all,

I like the idea of a period luggage rack for my CL350. Would any of you fine people happen to have something you're thinking of selling? :-)

Thanks, Alan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: mike the bike on October 02, 2016, 08:40:39 AM
I've got an unused period white fibreglass top box made by Stadium.
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: Honda Al on October 02, 2016, 08:49:27 AM
Thanks Mike, I might take you up on that.

This is the kind of thing I had in mind ...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161002/1775f2e9ad23fff42d1a8906b1da07bc.jpg)

Alan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: JamesH on October 02, 2016, 05:42:59 PM
Alan I have a couple of chrome racks like that. Can dig them out this week and post pics....
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: Chris400F on October 02, 2016, 06:11:28 PM
Having been down this route myself a good dimension to have is the width across your shock mounts.
Larger bikes tend to be wider in this area so you want a rack that for a start has this dimension pretty similar to yours.
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: Honda Al on October 02, 2016, 08:01:23 PM
Alan I have a couple of chrome racks like that. Can dig them out this week and post pics....

Cheers James. That's very kind.

I still have that Dunstall exhaust for you I brought south from Steve's house. Are you around next weekend? I'll be in your neck of the woods. PM me and we can arrange something.

Alan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: JamesH on October 02, 2016, 08:02:38 PM
Hi Alan - yeah sure we can work something out for next weekend. I have a couple of racks going spare so happy for you to take both and pass on whichever you don't use. Pm me your number. J
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: Honda Al on October 08, 2016, 09:14:49 AM
Hi Alan - yeah sure we can work something out for next weekend. I have a couple of racks going spare so happy for you to take both and pass on whichever you don't use. Pm me your number. J

Hi James,

Not sure if you've received my PM. I'm in Brighton today so give me a shout and hopefully work something out.

Alan
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: JamesH on October 08, 2016, 02:29:41 PM
Hi Al. Tried calling you on the number in the Pm yesterday. My daughter Lotties not well today so I'm stuck at home. The racks are in my other garage so today's not going to work I'm afraid. I'll pm you my mobile and we can talk in the week. Have two (possibly a third) for you to take away and try. Choose the best one and return the others..J
Title: Re: I would like a luggage rack...
Post by: gtmdriver on October 08, 2016, 09:50:07 PM
I fitted this 'Universal' rack to my CB350F.

(http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/gtmdriver/Honda%20CB350F/01_zpshgdtczgm.jpg) (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/gtmdriver/media/Honda%20CB350F/01_zpshgdtczgm.jpg.html)

It's not the highest quality but it fitted well. It was £45 on eBay.