Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: postman on October 21, 2016, 09:37:52 AM

Title: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: postman on October 21, 2016, 09:37:52 AM
Hello all. My name is Pat and I am from Macclesfield in Cheshire.
I've been into bikes since I was 16.
My main bike is a BMW 1200 GS Adventure but I've got a few oldies in the garage.
KH400 fully restored, GT380, unrestored but all complete,original and roadworthy.
250LC that I bought and sold in the early 80's and just recently re-acquired, needs some work to get it back on the road. And finally my 400/4 that was an EBay purchase. Basically a wheelbarrow! (The back wheel was not fitted so you had to push it around like one). This is nearing completion and I may be asking for info / pictures regarding the routing of the wiring loom as it was not fitted when I got it.
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 21, 2016, 09:51:59 AM
Welcome to the forum Pat. Great to see another CB400/4 being resurrected. I'm sure all of your queries will be answered on here. Post a picture sometime.
Have fun
Julie
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 21, 2016, 10:36:30 AM
Welcome ...pretty sure the loom routing detail will be in here somewhere
CB400F PARTS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u51uf0p1dv6m29q/Honda%20CB400%20F%20Parts%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

CB350/400F SHOP MANUALWORKSHOP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n3w5433jkph228/350F%20400F%20_4%20Shop%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

CB350F Part Manual

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pieydvznvy7nhp/CB350_F_F1%20Full.pdf?dl=0

CB400F DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS .. RARE !!

http://www.honda4fun.com/pdf_man_officina/CB400_set-up_man/CB400_set-up_man.pdf
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: Pops400 on October 21, 2016, 11:30:24 AM
Hello. Any pics to share?

Mine is also a wheelbarrow, but mostly because that's what you need to wheel all the dead bits round in...
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: paul G on October 21, 2016, 12:17:28 PM
Hello and welcome.
Great place for info and banter.

Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: mike the bike on October 21, 2016, 01:51:24 PM
Welcome Pat, from a fellow 400four restorer and rider.  Youve come to the right place for all sorts of help and advice.  We love our photos on here, it saves buying bike magazines, no need to wait till its finished because it's the whole rebuild saga we like.
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: postman on October 24, 2016, 08:04:47 AM
Thanks for the welcoming comments.
I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can.

Pat.
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: postman on October 31, 2016, 05:44:50 PM
A few before pictures of the "Wheelbarrow"[attachimg=5][attachimg=4][attachimg=3][attachimg=2][attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: mike the bike on October 31, 2016, 06:32:54 PM
Bllody hell Pat, there's a few hours work there and no mistake.
If David Silver saw those photos,  he'd be rubbing his hands in anticipation thinking of his extra week in the sun.

If you need a hand with anything,  just ask, don't struggle with it all by yourself.
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: Laverda Dave on October 31, 2016, 06:38:52 PM
Welcome Pat.
You have a lot of work to do over the winter! Good luck with the project, enjoy the adventure!
My own 400/4 is nearly finished and like yours, mine was an eBay purchase but in boxes, a wheelbarrow would have been handy!
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: kevski on October 31, 2016, 08:34:56 PM
A bit of t-cut and a service and that'll be alright.  :-\
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: Pops400 on October 31, 2016, 10:21:16 PM
I've seen worse. Specifically, in my garage.  ;D
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: Fraccie on November 30, 2016, 09:19:01 PM
I thought mine was a challenge Pat, yours looks to be a love affair in the making, i`m sure you`ll enjoy making it right bud.

Thanks for all the links in this thread guys, very useful to a noob like me.
Title: Re: Hello from a 400/4 Newbie
Post by: Trigger on November 30, 2016, 09:35:55 PM
These are the cheapest to restore out of the SOHC's and most parts are available.