Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on November 02, 2016, 01:32:17 PM

Title: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 02, 2016, 01:32:17 PM
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB350-FOUR/part_42369/
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: kevski on November 02, 2016, 03:43:08 PM
I very much doubt it, though at that price they should be made of stainless, i suspect they are knocked together in a very short period of time with the longest part being the plating up.
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: royhall on November 02, 2016, 04:33:04 PM
Who's going to volunteer to give them a go? I tried 4 times with the last batch from various suppliers and sent the lot back To be fair though, I spoke at length about it to Silvers and they returned their entire stock. Can't see them re-stocking with more dodgy parts.
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: H2Eric on November 05, 2016, 04:21:35 PM
I just received at set of pipes from CMSL and they look fine and dandy to me, presumably they have come from the same source as those offered by DS. I haven't tried to fit them as the bike is in a zillion bits for restoration over the winter. Pics to follow when it's done.
Cheers
Eric
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: kevski on November 05, 2016, 05:10:11 PM
Mine has a set on it from Silvers, though I don't know when they were put on, bike has only been in country since 2015 though, when they rust out a delkevic 4/1 will be put on.
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 05, 2016, 06:59:11 PM
I just received at set of pipes from CMSL and they look fine and dandy to me, presumably they have come from the same source as those offered by DS. I haven't tried to fit them as the bike is in a zillion bits for restoration over the winter. Pics to follow when it's done.
Cheers
Eric

Pretty sure all of DS's Honda 4 pipes are developed / manufactured in collaboration with CMSNL except HM300's that come from Yamiya. My 500/4 ones came in CMS stamped boxes with  DS stickers on.
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: royhall on November 05, 2016, 07:44:37 PM
Can you check the seam welds and post some pictures please Eric. Ta.
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: H2Eric on November 10, 2016, 04:09:34 PM
I'll see what I can do

Eric
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: H2Eric on November 11, 2016, 02:20:05 PM
Here you go
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 11, 2016, 02:21:57 PM
Look bloomin' nice to me.
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: Trigger on November 11, 2016, 02:57:50 PM
Look good, what is the fit like Eric ?
Title: Re: For all of you 350F guys ...hope they are better than previous attempts!
Post by: JamesH on November 11, 2016, 06:09:59 PM
Looks like a massive improvement to me...