Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: H2Eric on November 11, 2016, 02:33:41 PM
-
Having got the shrouds off and without damage I might add. Thanks for the tip Ash. The next question is re-chroming. I've sent them to a chap in Derby, but he's very reluctant to have a go at them as the shrouds are so thin. Has anyone had a pair done and by who?
Eric
-
I just made some of these for my CD125 sloper from an offcut piece of 304 stainless-steel handrail from eBay. It polishes up like chrome. The very nature of difficult removal of that item makes it a part that is often never sold used, as a separate item or damaged on removal when it is. Can you post a pic of the state of the chrome? Unfortunately the P/N for the CB250/350K4 is not the same as the 350/4, which is a shame.
What I find is it's sometimes easier to buy an assembly from DK, strip the parts you want then re-sell the rest. I just did this with a set of CB350K carbs from DK in order to get the chrome tops. The DK carbs were absolutely immaculate and cost less than DS charge for a pair of replica tops!
e.g. look at these two items:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB350-4-CB350-Four-1974-Front-Suspension-Forks-/311616875303?hash=item488dd02b27:g:fD4AAOSw1h5XQDgR
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/72-73-HONDA-CB350F-CB350-LOWER-CHROME-FORK-CASE-COVER-/370652574683?hash=item564c9d73db:m:mnQWCD5yCaiKAAVZvmKm7Yw
-
Actually just researched a bit more and even though different part numbers the CB250/350K4 will fit your 350F as the part supersedes, which opens up the possibilities for you Eric.
51402-344-670 (51402-333-000)
Earlier USA CB350's and also CB250K3 had almost parallel sided tubes, not the tapered part with three plastic inserts to prevent rubbing. They had a separate collar part . So those parts may fit too (but non-standard)
-
The earlier CB350K arrangement is shown here and if it fits would be much easier to source/make yourself. 1st thing though is to compare tube diameters 350K part is 51.2 ID 49.6 (measured with vernier caliper really needs a micrometer) length of shroud is 86 mm . Exploded diagram for the twins & fours are in my Dropbox. Earlier than K4 CB350 forks have external spring though, internal spring on K4 like 350F.
[attachimg=1]
-
Thanks Ash. Info much appreciated. I'll post some pics of my fork shrouds when I recover them from the chroming chap, probably next week.
Thanks again
Eric