Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: BrianC500 on November 13, 2016, 05:08:47 PM

Title: CB400F Engine Bearings
Post by: BrianC500 on November 13, 2016, 05:08:47 PM
While looking for Crankshaft shells I was pointed in the direction of this thread

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,9538.msg68584.html#msg68584

I managed to get all my shells even the yellow ones (ebay.fr) I noticed link to Yamiya for a set of engine bearings costing around 175 euros + vat + import duty, etc.

I've managed to source 3 of them. 16003, 6205 x 2 & 16004. They are SKF bearings (so high quality) they cost me less than £30 including postage.

I used a company in Bootle, Liverpool. Bearing Source, Unit 11, Millers Bridge Industrial Estate, Seymour Street, Bootle, Liverpool. L20 1EE
Speak to James on 0151 374 2151, He's really helpful.

I'm trying to track down the others and will let you know if I do.
Title: Re: CB400F Engine Bearings
Post by: Trigger on November 14, 2016, 06:20:23 AM
If the cages and housings are in good condition on the roller bearing, you can get new pins.
Title: Re: CB400F Engine Bearings
Post by: BrianC500 on November 14, 2016, 10:38:04 PM
I'll look into that. Thanks Trigger :D
Title: Re: CB400F Engine Bearings
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 15, 2016, 12:21:24 AM
Yamiya sell  the needle roller bearings separately. The second pictured one below in the the primary drive  also fits the CB500 , I got one for my 500 from them. They are Genuine Honda parts

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
Title: Re: CB400F Engine Bearings
Post by: BrianC500 on November 17, 2016, 10:56:27 PM
Cheers Ash. I'm being over cautious really, the engine has done between 15k and 22k (depending which of my brothers you talk to) The bike was in my dads workshops when they were set on fire in 1984. While getting it back on the road the oil was changed but the engine not flushed, it overheated. It then sat around gathering rust in a damp lock up for 25 years. On stripping the engine it had a fair bit of sludge in it.