Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: andeks on November 17, 2016, 12:28:52 PM

Title: Anyone used this company?
Post by: andeks on November 17, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
Hi everyone.
Just wondered if anyone has used this spares supplier from Japan, cruzinimage_uk
I have just bought a set of piston rings for my 400/4 for under £40, they arrived in just over a week and look good quality but haven't fitted them yet.
They also have camchains and carb refurb kits at reasonable prices. This is not plug for them but just wondered if I have had a good deal. :-\
Dek
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: RGP750 on November 17, 2016, 12:38:44 PM
Hi
You'll find mixed reviews on here but before someone "blows you out of the water" i have used
 their pistons and rings and the guy who rebored/skimmed my 750 said he considered them to be of good quality.
3 pistons were exactly the same and one was 30 microns smaller so he bored to suit.
Rubber parts seem to be a different story though.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 17, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
I have always found their carb kits fine and have used quite a few, including on my CB400/4. But, as Rich says, other forum members may, no will, tell you different.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 17, 2016, 01:03:16 PM
I have always found their carb kits fine and have used quite a few, including on my CB400/4. But, as Rich says, other forum members may, no will, tell you different.

Give a dog a bad name Julie  :-[ :-[
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Chris400F on November 17, 2016, 01:06:54 PM
Much as above really. I have used one of their carb kits and that was fine, and have heard good reports on parts like pistons and not so good reports on rubber parts, but no personal experience.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 17, 2016, 01:09:22 PM
I have always found their carb kits fine and have used quite a few, including on my CB400/4. But, as Rich says, other forum members may, no will, tell you different.

Give a dog a bad name Julie  :-[ :-[
I was only pointing out that other forum members, (and I will not mention any names) seem to have a genuine dislike of their rubber bits and that those forum members will pipe up sometime with their own opinion. And, your no dog Ash  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Tomb on November 17, 2016, 01:56:03 PM
I bought one of their 4 cylinder big bore kits for a Yamaha which was really good quality, all measured up beautifully, very impressed.

Tom (Toolmaker)
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: andeks on November 17, 2016, 03:22:11 PM
Thanks for the replies, seems like it's " suck it and see" if you'll excuse the expression. Looking at their timing chain next !!
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: philgresty on November 17, 2016, 03:57:55 PM
I rebuilt my 550 carbs with their kit, the jets and needle were spot on, the float valves werent very good and neither were any of the rubber parts. I wouldn't hesitate to buy pistons though, heard nothing but good things about them.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: ManicGTI on November 17, 2016, 04:23:09 PM
I've used their Rings and Carb Rebuild kit, but i'm not a great reference as the bike isn't on the road yet!
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: royhall on November 17, 2016, 05:12:35 PM
I have used loads of their gear. As mentioned earlier the rubber parts are suspect so are some of the gasket kits. Everything else is good (although I haven't used the cam chain guides), especially the piston kits. And just come to mind, had some brake pads for the 350F and they didn't fit.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: philward on November 17, 2016, 09:50:31 PM
800 miles into a 836 big bore kit and alls well - was impressed with the quality and just fitting another kit to my next project
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: mike the bike on November 17, 2016, 10:16:05 PM
I fancy one of those 836 big bore kits, it’ll more than double the size of my engine.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 18, 2016, 08:30:18 AM
I fancy one of those 836 big bore kits, it’ll more than double the size of my engine.
I think Trigger has already tried that. These pistons would have made this 750 engine 2600cc....... ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Johnwebley on November 18, 2016, 10:23:40 AM
I fancy one of those 836 big bore kits, it’ll more than double the size of my engine.
I think Trigger has already tried that. These pistons would have made this 750 engine 2600cc....... ;D ;D ;D

 and convert to a diesel as well ????  looks like tractor pistons !!!
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 18, 2016, 11:12:45 AM
I fancy one of those 836 big bore kits, it’ll more than double the size of my engine.
I think Trigger has already tried that. These pistons would have made this 750 engine 2600cc....... ;D ;D ;D

 and convert to a diesel as well ????  looks like tractor pistons !!!
Well spotted John. Graham did wonder if anyone would spot they came from a Diesel. He's still hopeful that one day, with a bit of engineering, he will be able to make them fit  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 18, 2016, 06:46:19 PM
My farmer neighbour has a 5.5 litre single cylinder tractor that pulls tree stumps.
The piston stands still and the tractor goes up and down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: ka-ja on November 18, 2016, 07:08:15 PM
My old 500 velocette's vibration felt like your single cylinder tracter at times.
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Bryanj on November 18, 2016, 08:48:47 PM
Would that be a field marshall Steve?
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 19, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
No idea Bryan. I know nothing about tractors.
It's blue if that helps.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Anyone used this company?
Post by: Johnwebley on November 19, 2016, 05:16:56 PM
No idea Bryan. I know nothing about tractors.
It's blue if that helps.



  sure its not a converted 400 ?  they were blue as well !!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk