Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 20, 2016, 06:29:42 PM

Title: No spark?
Post by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 20, 2016, 06:29:42 PM
Hi all, got the beast wired now the problem is no spark to 2&3 plugs or points I have good spark to 1&4. Any ideas? I am leaning towards duff coil pack! Any and all possable causes  greatfully accepted.
            Clive
Title: Re: No spark?
Post by: hairygit on November 20, 2016, 06:34:40 PM
Try checking the wires from points housing (blue one side, yellow other side) to the coils circuit aren't broken/damaged internally, and the connection to the coil .
Title: Re: No spark?
Post by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 20, 2016, 07:38:45 PM
Thanks for the info hairygit found some loose connecters, (well one fell off ) replaced all and bingo you win the dinner so to speak now have spark. Will see what happens tomorrow when I try again to fire it up. As Arnie said I'll be back.
          Cheers again SOHC fellas for your ongoing help.
Title: Re: No spark?
Post by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 21, 2016, 06:16:08 PM
Update up and running but can not get timing right static light comes on miles before fire mark getting new points see if that makes any differance.
Title: Re: No spark?
Post by: Ashdowner on November 21, 2016, 06:28:26 PM
Miles before? How far is miles in degrees? Got to be honest on both my 550's first thing I did was throw the points away (if you still have them) and fit electronic which eliminates trying to get the gap right.
Title: Re: No spark?
Post by: philgresty on November 21, 2016, 07:49:51 PM
set the static timing for 1 and 4 first, then if 2 and 3 doesn't line up, the whole contact breaker can be moved independently of the points plate to line up for that mark.