Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 22, 2016, 04:59:24 PM

Title: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 22, 2016, 04:59:24 PM
http://sohc4shop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=12&products_id=32&osCsid=e846df6ac6698a64e3e6fc8add117b4d
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 22, 2016, 07:03:51 PM
That's a pretty old post from Hondaman. He's sold loads of those systems to .net people.
He's written a book as well!
Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on November 22, 2016, 08:34:32 PM
SteveD I've read a lot of good things about this set up but not any from the u/k just wondering if any one on here has experience of them?
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: deltarider on November 22, 2016, 09:08:59 PM
I made my own, copying the Velleman K2543 kit (transistor ignition) I'd made before for my car. I bought the parts in an electronics shop and managed to combine the two sets (1+4 and 2+3) and squeeze it in the box in the pic. I assume Hondaman's is pretty similar. The idea is that the load is taken of the contact breakers that will now only switch the much lower control current. It's basically an electronic switch (Darlington). So no more sparking at the breaker points that now can easily live for over 50.000 kms.
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 23, 2016, 12:06:29 PM
Drop him a line and ask if he's shipped any over here.

Steve
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: Bryanj on November 23, 2016, 03:58:42 PM
I know Mark has shipped to UK as I was going to get a couple but Finances stopped me
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: D C 500 on November 30, 2016, 03:33:13 PM
http://sohc4shop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=12&products_id=32&osCsid=e846df6ac6698a64e3e6fc8add117b4d
Yep, bought one from Mark and fitted it in June 2013.I located it underneath the battery tray with plastic tires, been well pleased with it so far with no  problems.
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: blind bob on January 29, 2017, 05:58:41 PM
Got the Hondaman module shipped to U.K.  a couple of years ago for the 78 550/4. Great piece of kit. Set up with OE points and never needed to adjust since. Starts better too. Also fitted Mark's blade fuse box to replace the original.
Bob
Title: Re: Transistor ignition has any one used this sort?
Post by: philgresty on January 29, 2017, 09:12:15 PM
I got an ignition from mark recently, drop him an email and he'll do a good deal for a uk resident, he done me a refurb one for about £40, best money i ever spent