Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MrDavo on November 26, 2016, 08:40:11 PM

Title: Yellow downpipe
Post by: MrDavo on November 26, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
Number three downpipe has a noticeable straw tinge, I'm hoping new carb rubbers will fix that, the exhaust valve was very light brown.

Is there anything I can do to polish the yellow out of the downpipe, or am I right in thinking that metal that has changed colour through heat is going to stay that way?
Title: Re: Yellow downpipe
Post by: MarkCR750 on November 26, 2016, 08:54:02 PM
Not sure with chrome, stainless goes yellow/brown and it's relatively easy to polish back to silver with autosol so I guess it's just an oxide that forms on the surface, best thing is pick a hard to see area of the pipe and see of it will polish out.
Title: Re: Yellow downpipe
Post by: neilg on December 04, 2016, 11:23:52 AM
I have used Wonder Wheels cleaner on STAINLESS pipes to remove the yellow. Not sure how it will work on chrome though. It is acid based so be careful if you try.