Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: adriangsmith on December 05, 2016, 09:02:29 PM

Title: carb float heights 76 750 F1
Post by: adriangsmith on December 05, 2016, 09:02:29 PM
Hi all,
Can some one please confirm the correct float heights for a CB750F1 and where you measure them from?

What I understand is they are 26mm and measured from the notch in the carb bowl seat to the top of the float when the float just rests on the needle valve.
Is this correct???

Cheers
Adrian
Title: Re: carb float heights 76 750 F1
Post by: Moorey on December 05, 2016, 11:36:13 PM
Yes the float wants to be just touching the spring loaded tip of the needle valve. Not compressing it.
Title: Re: carb float heights 76 750 F1
Post by: Chris400F on December 06, 2016, 08:53:35 AM
When I set my float heights I worked with the bank of carbs on end (needle valves horizontal) so gravity isn't affecting the floats.
Title: Re: carb float heights 76 750 F1
Post by: Spitfire on December 06, 2016, 03:59:42 PM
And yes 26mm seems to be right.
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/CB750CARBURETTORSPECS.jpg)
Title: Re: carb float heights 76 750 F1
Post by: adriangsmith on December 12, 2016, 10:44:06 AM
Hi All,
Below please find attached a drawing of the tool I made up to set the carb heights on my CB750F1.
I made this from 1mm plastic sheet, but could also be made from aluminium or cardboard just as easily.
For best results measure with the carbs on their ends with the float tab just resting on the needle valve.
Measure across the centre of the floats using the cut out on the bottom of the float chamber as your reference face.
For reference a picture of the type of carb is also attached.