Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on December 06, 2016, 06:01:13 PM

Title: 750 carbs adapted for 500/550 on the bay
Post by: Colonial-Clive (yindi) on December 06, 2016, 06:01:13 PM
This guys got some bits that might interest some of you? These being one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302153142515?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Title: Re: 750 carbs adapted for 500/550 on the bay
Post by: Tomb on December 06, 2016, 11:57:32 PM
Ooh that brings back memories....    of setting my 500 on fire! I tried those carbs on my 500, it fired up great and blipping the throttle had it sounding awesome, really fierce sounding, like my 500 had never sounded before, then it spat back through the carbs and burst into flames in the middle of my (attached to my house) garage full of my other bikes. I managed to put the fire out using the garden hose but wrecked the bike, wiring harness wrecked, side panels melted, seat gone, frame scorched, fuel tank full of petrol near boiling point, among much other damage.

I don't do the lottery coz I keep using up all my luck, how it didn't end a lot more serious was pure luck, still got the bike, love it to bits with its original carbs ::)

Tuned/jetted right it would be awesome.