Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: llessur on December 08, 2016, 02:36:19 PM
-
Well in 1976 I oh so wanted a 400/4. Well nearly 41 years later I have bought one. I think I was guided by the heart rather than the brain. What makes it worse is I bought it without seeing it first, but luckily I think I have done alright. I guess I fit into the born again biker class as I moved from bikes to cars in 1977 and bought my next bike in 2010. Modern Honda's, Kawasaki's and BMW's followed, but to be honest I am a little vertically challenged and moving the bigger bikes about at home became an issue. So I now have a 1976 400/4. The wife thinks I am about to have an affair with it - she's probably not wrong.
Great forum by the way and by that I mean all of you, as clearly it is the contributors that make it special. I will try not to ask for help to often, and I will do my best to keep you supplied with pictures, as I think we all like to see as well as read. Thank you in advance.- Russell
-
Welcome to the forum from a fellow 400four owner. There must be more 400 ownerson here, just good taste I reckon. Any chance of some photos? We do like our photos and restoration stories, it saves having to fork our for bike magazines.
-
as Mike says,this forum LOVES pictures,
either so we can help.or just so we get jealous of your bike !!
don't be afraid to ask questions,we have many experts here,its always worth taking 24hours to wait for advice,before you
start a job,
-
Welcome to the forum Russell. Great to have another 400/4 owner on here, we are aiming for a total takeover of the site and you could just be the one that tips us over to the majority ;D ;D ;D Have fun
Julie
-
Welcome from me too, yet another 400/4 owner!
I too never managed to own one back in the day, switching to a car around 1979.
I also bought my bike from seeing photos only, and after a bit of work it is good!
As Mike says, pictures please - we love pictures.
-
Not much of a confession. Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, enjoy.
-
I think we ought to do a survey on who owns what bike. I reckon 400s will win big time.
-
Welcome your not the only one to buy a 400/4 without looking at it. ;) ::)
People only tell you about the good bits
Mick
-
Welcome from another vertically challenged 400 owner.