Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: oldbikeguy1960 on December 27, 2016, 10:59:37 PM

Title: new member intro
Post by: oldbikeguy1960 on December 27, 2016, 10:59:37 PM
Thanks for letting me join your group! A gentleman named Alan Simmons referred me to your forum after purchasing some parts from me on eBay.
 I own several piles of parts I loosely refer to as motorcycles. I have a 1973 Triumph Bonneville with an old Dunstall alloy cylinder, Arias pro pistons JRC rods, a pair of Harmon Collins cams (the numbers escape my memory but Megacycle said they weren't in the books they have from back then) 38mm Lectron carbs, and a bunch of other odd parts I plundered from a blown up 850cc drag bike I found 25 years ago. Oh and it's on a rigid frame with a 12" over girder.
My next contestant is a 1973 Honda CB750 I'm building for an Amen Savior frame, which may get a 21" over springer.
The drivetrain pile consists of a perfectly good running engine that I'm tearing apart for no good reason, I just want to. I bought a set of MC forged rods and a set of Kaw
 Z1 900 big bore pistons I am going to beat together with a set of homemade titanium wrist pins. Haven't given a thought to the rest except using various new engine coatings to prolong life and make it run cooler with less friction.
As if that won't keep me busy for the rest of my unnatural life, I have a 1951 Panhead I am putting on an Ultima Softail chopper frame. Planning for full electricals with the Ultima control box. It will have signals, headlamp and brake modulators and who knows what other totally unnecessary gadgets I find along the way. Well thanks for listening to my ramblings, I look forward to seeing bikes from your end of the world and trading information.
Thanks, Rob
Title: Re: new member intro
Post by: RGP750 on December 28, 2016, 06:48:49 AM
Hi Rob
Welcome to "this side of the pond" .
You have some extreme things going on there then.
We love pictures over hers .
I'd like to see the Triumph/ Dunstall stuff.
 Have fun Rich
Title: Re: new member intro
Post by: Trigger on December 28, 2016, 08:00:38 AM
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, enjoy.
Title: Re: new member intro
Post by: mike the bike on December 28, 2016, 09:20:26 AM
Welcome Rob.
Sounds like you're an expert when it comes to mechanics, the more experts on this forum the better as there's always someone wanting advive.
As Rich said;  we like our photos on here, saves us having to fork out for bike magazines.
Best wishes for the new year

Mike
Title: Re: new member intro
Post by: philward on December 28, 2016, 09:27:50 AM
Welcome Rob - hope you enjoy the forum

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: new member intro
Post by: Johnwebley on December 28, 2016, 11:05:01 AM
welcome Rob,

  we love ALL powered 2 wheelers here,

  thanks for joining us !!