Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on December 28, 2016, 09:52:09 PM
-
I'm on a roll now! Not a priority now but will be doing a double disc conversion at some point and just found an early K caliper in the shed that has the for and aft brake pipe and nipple set up (as opposed to the inboard brake pipe and nipple on the outside) - this matches the existing one on the other side.
The brake pipe thread is stripped. Two questions:- can the brake nipple and pipe threaded holes be reversed to accommodate reversing the caliper.
And if so, I read a post not to long ago that a member has a brass insert to replace the thread when damaged but can't find the post now - if so, can they contact me please
Phil
-
Just found the post ref the repair insert - its Brianj so if anybody can answer the first question, I can contact Brian
-
If its a 750 I have to fit the brass insert into a upducer and retap the caliper, Works fine but sticks out a bit, This is because I can only get inserts for the smaller bleed nipple now
-
Thanks Brian - I'll be in touch if I can't sort another option - the double disc option hinges on my first question really, i.e. can I reverse the bleed and brake pipe holes to facilitate pipe entry from the left of the caliper (when used as an offside 2nd disc/caliper and viewed from the offside)
Phil
-
On the 750 caliper (but not the 500/400) there is an insert at the bottom of the pipe hole that can be removed carefully and transferred to the bleeder hole, it has an external "cone" on each end to alter the bleed seat to a pipe seat
-
I spotted that Brian - any tips on removal?
-
Never done one but the yanks say gently screw a self taper in and work the union out
-
My thoughts too - will have a go and feed results back to forum