Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Niko on December 31, 2016, 08:05:39 PM

Title: Hi....
Post by: Niko on December 31, 2016, 08:05:39 PM
Hi..I'm Keith from Stoke on Trent. Thanks for letting me in.

I've taken delivery of a 76 USA import 550f today. My plan is to build a brat style bike.

I'm pretty new to bike mechanics...and hate electrickery....so I may be asking loads of questions.

I have a fair few bits that are surplus to my requirements....such as front and rear mudguards...rear indicators and stop light...

So...get in touch if you need anything.

I'm also looking for 2 keihin carb top covers....which were missing on mine

Will get over to the wanted section

Cheers for now
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Trigger on December 31, 2016, 08:48:22 PM
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, could I have a pic of the rear mudguard ?
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: mike the bike on January 01, 2017, 11:34:45 AM
Welcome Nico. 
Plenty of advice on here, mostly good, plenty of banter anf leg pulling too.  Be warned; we like our pictures so you'll be moaned at if you dont post any.
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 01, 2017, 05:58:59 PM
Is it possible to post pics directly from an iPad....or do they have to be reduced file sizes...cheers
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: philward on January 01, 2017, 06:12:16 PM
Welcome Niko - enjoy the forum
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Johnwebley on January 01, 2017, 08:09:53 PM
Is it possible to post pics directly from an iPad....or do they have to be reduced file sizes...cheers


  welcome to the fun palace ,

  I don't know about Ithingies,but if your on Tapatalk,app,it should be easy
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on January 01, 2017, 08:09:56 PM
You can post directly from a mobile or iPad you need the Tapatalk app.
Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Marcosmini on January 01, 2017, 10:33:09 PM
You can post directly from a mobile or iPad you need the Tapatalk app.
Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hah! Brilliant info, thanks! Spent bloody ages trying to re-size photos on my ipad, thanks to you I've just done it in 2 mins!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:31:45 AM
Will try now....thank you all
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:37:01 AM
On the app now.....but it says I need an account...will try to sort that now


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:40:41 AM
On the app now.....but it says I need an account...will try to sort that now


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/2fb9553a1b3767e70da70481af22bdbf.jpg)



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:40:47 AM
Bingo


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:41:44 AM
That's how it looked on Saturday.....this is how it looks on Monday


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:42:16 AM
That's how it looked on Saturday.....this is how it looks on Monday


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/ae820eaf85a69bfd2c97a81662503c5a.jpg)(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/a3301f1adad7b037284ddd130247b98d.jpg)



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 11:49:35 AM
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, could I have a pic of the rear mudguard ?
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/213c7ce80496905a8d4a7d50a7c8f0c8.jpg)



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: mike the bike on January 02, 2017, 02:29:25 PM
How much do you want for that yankee number plate?   There's too many speed cameras around here for my liking.
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 02:32:51 PM
How much do you want for that yankee number plate?   There's too many speed cameras around here for my liking.


Not sure that would work Mike.....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: mike the bike on January 02, 2017, 02:56:02 PM
Just jesting.
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 02, 2017, 02:59:42 PM
Just jesting.
I know....if it did work I would end up with your ticket...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: mike the bike on January 02, 2017, 09:32:44 PM
I'd probably end up in the big house for perverting the course of justice.
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Mag1 on January 06, 2017, 11:50:39 PM
Hello, new here also and building my special. How's the engine, looks in good fettle and clean. Did it run when you had it?. Are you planing on having rear mudguard?, if so I would retain your one and cut down to suit, keep road debris off your back. As with most will state, take many pics of strip down and keep everything labelled, you may need some parts etc from the stripped stuff. Looks like a good starting project, but be warned it can be very expensive and sometimes you will become overloaded with ideas and downbeat when things don't fit etc. Keep at it but don't rush it, ps these bikes are heavy, especially the engine have someone to help when your taking the engine out. Good luck
Title: Re: Hi....
Post by: Niko on January 07, 2017, 07:24:48 PM
Hello, new here also and building my special. How's the engine, looks in good fettle and clean. Did it run when you had it?. Are you planing on having rear mudguard?, if so I would retain your one and cut down to suit, keep road debris off your back. As with most will state, take many pics of strip down and keep everything labelled, you may need some parts etc from the stripped stuff. Looks like a good starting project, but be warned it can be very expensive and sometimes you will become overloaded with ideas and downbeat when things don't fit etc. Keep at it but don't rush it, ps these bikes are heavy, especially the engine have someone to help when your taking the engine out. Good luck


Thanks for the tips....cheers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk