Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Mag1 on January 06, 2017, 11:37:33 AM
-
have tried to refurbish mine which is the original alternator wire harness, however the wires are brittle and have split where exiting the engine/spoket cover, therefore i have two options one i make my own, have connectors and spade terminals, just need to order wire, or i could purchase one. seen one on CMSNL for €25 plus postage, DSS has them also, but i will need to amend to fit to new loom setup. best to make one?. has anyone done this before and worked out ok?. the only problem i see is the protective sheaf which was rubber over woven, i can't see that anywhere, any clues?. will order parts from either vintage connections or vehicle wire products which i done so previously with good results. also will be fixing choke cable under the frame out of the way of the original fixing point by handle bars, any one make small length of choke cable? or done this previously here.
thanks in advance
-
http://www.alans-electrics.co.uk/ Check out BigAl for a new Harness....he is a Forum Member.
-
Thanks, have now ordered wire and a few bits to make up this myself. Handy link for my xs750 thro if I need new loom for that. Just need to figure out choke location and route.
-
Thanks Alan (MCTID) are you any further with the CB750 K4?
Alan
-
Unfortunately not.....although I have been busy collecting parts for my Triumph Menagerie (11 bikes) as lots of RHS bits came up on E Bay just before and over Xmas, so that's taken up a fair amount of time - and dosh.
I really need to clear out my garage and make some room to work, then I can actually get going on the Honda........although I don't do rush - since I retired ! LOL.