Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Drew400 on February 17, 2017, 06:25:20 PM

Title: Was today really February?
Post by: Drew400 on February 17, 2017, 06:25:20 PM
Today I managed to take out both bikes on fairly salt-free roads and in lovely weather.

Hope you managed to do the same (and have now tucked it/them away in a nice snug garage/shed)!

Cheers, D.
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 17, 2017, 06:48:55 PM
You lucky, lucky man Drew, how envious am I. It was a glorious day here too but, due to circumstances beyond my control (being the chippy coming tomorrow to fit new Oak worktops in the kitchen) I was given the task of making sure everything was ready for him, ie, that he can actually get in the bombsite that is my kitchen. Never mind............another day  :-\
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Green1 on February 17, 2017, 07:08:04 PM
It only rains when I use mine.

Julie Oak tops make a lovely worktop

They don't bounce to much when you clout them with a claw hammer when fine tuning bike parts  ;D
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 17, 2017, 07:13:31 PM
It only rains when I use mine.

Julie Oak tops make a lovely worktop

They don't bounce to much when you clout them with a claw hammer when fine tuning bike parts  ;D
;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: hairygit on February 17, 2017, 07:23:30 PM
Julie wont have that problem Mick, she owns HONDA's, so fine tuning parts can be done gently, and without ruining her nail varnish!
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 17, 2017, 07:27:54 PM
Julie wont have that problem Mick, she owns HONDA's, so fine tuning parts can be done gently, and without ruining her nail varnish!
I wish all my nail varnish was intact Hairy, I have been up to my wrists in Danish oil getting a first coat on before cutting / fitting, it's made my nail varnish pickle, and my nails as well looking at them closely  :'(
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Green1 on February 17, 2017, 07:32:40 PM
Is that a pop at me for owning Italian stuff? I don't need a claw hammer for fine tuning I use a lump hammer   ;)

Do you want a job Julie I've been oiling tops at work today as well
My nail varnish held up OK
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: hairygit on February 17, 2017, 07:36:57 PM
Best tool for working on shitalian bikes is a disc cutter, or for better results, a car crusher! ;D ;D ;D Why were you not using gloves Julie, you will be only too aware of the risks of dermatitis in contact with oils or solvents for long! ???
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 17, 2017, 07:40:59 PM
I was wearing gloves Hairy, some of Triggers sexy black nitrile ones from the workshop, they pickled too  :o
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Green1 on February 17, 2017, 08:03:58 PM
You've got to wear rubber Julie  ;)
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Johnwebley on February 17, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
yes it is february ,

  I got the Honda out and ventured to Abergavenny, Cwmbran Usk and home,

 about 70 mile trip,started to numb bum affect !!!

 won't be long before its warm and dry


  hopefully
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Green1 on February 17, 2017, 08:16:45 PM
Just been out in the garage to make sure the 750 fires up now all four carbs are filled with Diesel  ::)
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Drew400 on February 17, 2017, 08:21:43 PM
Thanks all, and nice one John for halting the slippery slope down Rubber Wear Avenue!
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 17, 2017, 08:39:50 PM
I was going to thank John for that as well. I remember going down the rubber route on here once before  :o :o :o
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Johnwebley on February 17, 2017, 08:45:41 PM
I was going to thank John for that as well. I remember going down the rubber route on here once before  :o :o :o


  I wear pale blue nitrile !!

 you can't tell when the black ones are dirty !!!!
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 17, 2017, 08:48:25 PM
That's why Trig wears black ones, he's so tight that if he saw they were dirty he would want to change them too often !!!!
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: flatfour on February 18, 2017, 07:49:41 AM
I managed the Café at Krazy Horse for lunch - 8c on leaving (10.00) and 11c on the return.
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: MrDavo on February 18, 2017, 10:11:36 AM
I took mine for its post rebuild MOT, to Road & Racing in Hyde, on damp roads but it wasn't raining.

I went for lunch while they did it, when I came back the man on the desk said 'of course it passed, it's a thing of beauty'. Next week it's going back for a carb synch- it's rare I pay for anyone to work on a bike for me, but for £60 they'll do a better job than me using better gear than I could get on the internet for a job I may only do once.

The best thing about the ride back was that this year the oil light didn't come on on the way home- the first sign of imminent disaster. When I got home I unsorned and taxed her for a year, £0.00 :)
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Drew400 on February 18, 2017, 10:25:31 AM
Nice story, MrDavo!
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on February 18, 2017, 02:59:26 PM
February?

Just having a late lunch outside in lovely sun in Normandie. No need for jumper, just fab.....  Only downside is we are just about to drive back to the UK.  Not trying to wind anybody up as very similar weather here to UK normally, so this is rare! Just lovely but need a bike out here too!
Title: Re: Was today really February?
Post by: MrDavo on February 18, 2017, 08:48:36 PM
85 miles on the clock now, after a gentle trundle round the Peak District on a nice afternoon.

Out via Hayfield and Chinley, treated the Mrs to hot chocolate with scones, jam & cream in Castleton, then back via Hope, Bamford & the Snake Pass, it was getting cold & dark on the way back.

Keeping the revs under 4000 until I get some mileage done, I'll do an oil and filter change at 500 miles. I'm getting better at selecting neutral before I stop.