Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Dangerousdave999 on February 21, 2017, 04:59:38 PM
-
I have a CB550 K3 tank in brown which is in pretty good nick inside and out.
Its just sitting in the garage at the moment as I have built my cafe bike.
What kinda prices do they go for?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
-
Brown, not much.
-
I don't need one, but is it just the tank, or does it include filler flap, cap, badges, chrome trim and/or petrol tap?
Original brown paint isn't the most desirable, but may be wanted by some.
Even if it's to be repainted, a bare undented tank seems to be going for £100 plus.
-
Dave,
Bought the seat off you last year. I paid £50 for a tank about that time, but it had three shallow dents. Dent free tanks are pretty rare, but most will get resprayed anyway. And I see you are also have badges etc. ebay selling prices are often down to availability at the time and luck. You may get £150. Also fits F1, F2.
-
When you say it's brown does it have all the transfers and emblems on it? I actually think the brown bikes look far better than the black.
-
Honda certainly did a few naff colours. Of the late 550s I like the candy alpha red, but it was only on the 78K in the States I think.
You can find Dave's tank (with other parts)on ebay if you look if it's still on.