Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: RGP750 on March 10, 2017, 06:35:31 PM

Title: Fitting tank badges
Post by: RGP750 on March 10, 2017, 06:35:31 PM
Bike so near finished and now fitting tank badges.
The paint work is a Yamiya body kit, masses of paint on it, i had to open up the
petrol cap pivot holes to get the pins in.
I'm fitting the badges, do the little forked clips go on the badges first or do they go into the holes in the tank
and then push the badges on?.
I'm assuming the holes will need the paint removing or they may be too tight to push on.
I don't want to get them half way on and get them stuck.
Cheers Rich
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: steff750 on March 10, 2017, 06:42:08 PM
 ;) the clips go in the holes first easy to get confused as the old clips will will get stuck to the badges sometimes when removing
its called electrolysis when two different metals react with each other you would never guess i work in a steel works lol
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: mike the bike on March 10, 2017, 06:56:04 PM
So where do you live then?
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: RGP750 on March 10, 2017, 06:59:11 PM
Thanks Steff
Ha! Ha! i'm a patternmaker so have dealt with molten stuff all of my life as well.
They are new badges and new tank so "Virginal"  I'll open up the holes a bit i think then.
Cheers
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: steff750 on March 10, 2017, 07:35:56 PM
 ;) @mike the bike
Quote
So where do you live then?
port tablet
i used to ride with a really quick guy from your part of the world malcom uphill R.I.P  i believe they  have named a pub after him ,i really need to go there one day and pay homage to a great welsh man
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: mike the bike on March 10, 2017, 08:09:48 PM
Aye, the Malcolm Uphill is the Wetherspoons pub at the top of town
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: Johnwebley on March 10, 2017, 08:14:10 PM
Aye, the Malcolm Uphill is the Wetherspoons pub at the top of town

  must get to visit and pay homage !!

 I saw him race often,I think he was the guy that lapped at 100mph on his Bonnie and after that Dunlop named the tyres TT100,

 
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: JamesH on March 10, 2017, 08:49:49 PM
Rich - I've fitted a few of these and I don't normally open up the holes for the badge 'tabs'. Agreed on the fuel filler pin holes though - they're always tight on the Yamiya tanks.
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: RGP750 on March 10, 2017, 09:30:10 PM
Thanks James
All fitted now.
Last couple of bits to go
Title: Re: Fitting tank badges
Post by: JamesH on March 10, 2017, 09:45:22 PM
Almost there mate....