Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Brian G on March 11, 2017, 07:07:57 PM
-
Hi Everyone -
Man! Sometimes I don't know how I make it through the day... ::)
I took this engine apart a little over a year ago. Now it's back together and has actually run for a few seconds - sans pipes - to check that the new wiring harness and elecktrickery pieces were connected correctly. I was about to fit the header with new exhaust gaskets when it struck me that I don't specifically remember taking the old ones out during disassembly. I might have done so, but it was 14 months ago and my memory isn't what it used to be :P
If anyone has a bare 400F head in the shed, would you mind having a look and comparing it to mine? I don't want to possibly damage any sealing surfaces by trying to gouge out a gasket that might not be there!
Thanks and Regards,
Brian
-
They're still there. The gasket face isn't stepped like that, it's flat.
-
I won't be too concerned digging into them with an awl tomorrow morning then.
Thank you, Gentlemen! ;D