Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Green1 on March 11, 2017, 10:01:42 PM

Title: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: Green1 on March 11, 2017, 10:01:42 PM
I know valley green 750's are obviously the most valuable  ;D but I think this one that keeps reappearing on eBay is taking the mick a bit. Every time it resurfaces it goes up a couple thousand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB750-K1-Very-Early-October-1970-/152463898954?hash=item237f8e794a:g:9RQAAOSw4CFYvv5Q
   
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: MarkCR750 on March 12, 2017, 04:02:56 PM
Never seen one before, looks great in that colour scheme.
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: royhall on March 12, 2017, 04:13:08 PM
Silly money for the condition it's in. Doesn't feel that long ago that you could pick up a K1 in that condition for about £1500.
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: fryerk on March 12, 2017, 07:45:14 PM
A week or so ago that one sold for £5005 on EBay !
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: Green1 on March 12, 2017, 07:52:29 PM
If its the same one I think it is it sold for 3 something a year or so ago.
I was tempted to buy it then to break it as we can't have more than one green 750 can we.  ;D
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: MrDavo on March 14, 2017, 10:28:08 AM
The first CB750 I ever saw 'in the flesh' was a Valley Green one, on a Welsh campsite in 1973 (approx), as a young biker on an oily 250 AJS I was quite in awe of it.

If you think a red frame is bling, this one had a chromed frame! Great if you live in a country where they don't put salt on the roads! Oh, wait.......  :(

As for the one in the ad, it was good value the first time round on eBay, but those side panels and the taped up seat don't get any better as the price goes up (and the lack of fork gaiters just bugs me) . Does it have an issue that makes each owner get shut soon after delivery, or are they just intent on sucking all the money out of it until the pips squeak?

By the way. what's with those curved brackets between the handlebar clamps? This one has two, I have a book by Rod Kerr, and his red CB750 has one, I always wondered what they were for?
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: Green1 on March 14, 2017, 10:43:56 AM
I have noticed it seems to be a growing trend with bikes.
To many people have been watching shed and buried and after a quick buck I think.

Chrome frame and Valley Green sounds interesting. Those curved brackets seem to be a very American thing and I hate them.
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: Tomb on March 14, 2017, 02:59:31 PM
I've had a few Hondas with the curved bracket which always had the cables fed through it, never two of them though

Like this
(http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac128/TR6Ray/CB%20450%20Honda/DSCN3404.jpg)
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: hairygit on March 14, 2017, 04:20:05 PM
I remember a mates 500 four having one many years ago, he took it off with a hacksaw as it kept scraping away the outer plastic sheath on the cables!
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: Green1 on March 14, 2017, 04:30:23 PM
If that ones worth £7'750 this one must be touching £20'000  ;)

(http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/pearmanandson/SAM_0297_zpssmhwcfo3.jpg) (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/pearmanandson/media/SAM_0297_zpssmhwcfo3.jpg.html)

(http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/pearmanandson/SAM_0303_zpsrcpkaiiu.jpg) (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/pearmanandson/media/SAM_0303_zpsrcpkaiiu.jpg.html)

(http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/pearmanandson/SAM_0300_zpsdlqdsht1.jpg) (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/pearmanandson/media/SAM_0300_zpsdlqdsht1.jpg.html)

Its not mine honest  ;D
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: Green1 on March 14, 2017, 04:31:25 PM
I remember a mates 500 four having one many years ago, he took it off with a hacksaw as it kept scraping away the outer plastic sheath on the cables!

Wouldn't it have been easier just to undo the bolts to remove it.  ???
Title: Re: Valley green k1 on ebay
Post by: hairygit on March 14, 2017, 04:48:17 PM
Probably, but he was so p**sed off with keep damaging cables, it was the nearest tool to hand!