Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Dave487 on March 13, 2017, 09:10:20 PM

Title: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: Dave487 on March 13, 2017, 09:10:20 PM
Does anyone have a spare plug from the 400-4 oil gallery points side. Its item 72 in the parts book. Called 'cap B, oil path
Mine had been brutalised by a PO. I managed to get it out but its pretty much destroyed and may leak.
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: Seabeowner on March 14, 2017, 09:12:12 AM
Dave, what I often do is find the part no via CMSNL or parts book and then look up Partzilla and put the p/n in (with the separating dashes). When you select the part it usually gives a list of bikes that that part is use on. Think yours is 15332-300-000 (a 750 part) and used on a variety of bikes. (But they only list late 750s??)
But sorry no spare here.
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: Chris400F on March 14, 2017, 09:47:33 AM
Following on from the above, once you have the Part Number (which you did, as you have the Parts List) then try doing a Google search on the number.
It doesn't always work, but often you get some useful results.
Here's one; not cheap (although the cheapest I have seen) but this part seems to be in short supply:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB400-750-Crankcase-Oil-Passage-Cap-Genuine-15332-300-000-/132067752557
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: mike the bike on March 14, 2017, 01:38:55 PM
I've got a knackered one you can have for free.  It's OK except the 14mm AF has rounded off.
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: Dave487 on March 15, 2017, 07:40:06 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll have to shell out the gold again or set to and make one.
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: Chris400F on March 15, 2017, 08:08:23 PM
Here's a used one if it's any use, don't know what carriage would be.
https://www.mgparts.nl/product/honda-cb650c-sohc-1979-dop-15332-300-000-cap-b/
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: Dave487 on March 20, 2017, 07:32:13 PM
Thanks Oddjob. I'm not in any real hurry lots to do and I'm away all next week, please let me know if you manage to come up with one.

Also thanks to Chris400
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: billdn on March 23, 2017, 06:51:21 PM
Sure I've got a serviceable one in the workshop... good excuse to get out the house. I'll pm you if I have for address.
Title: Re: crankcase oil gallery
Post by: billdn on March 25, 2017, 09:14:40 AM
Have one . Sent P.M. for details.