Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Daz992 on March 16, 2017, 10:36:06 PM
-
Please any help dose any one know what the primary drive chain guides are made from. I would like to see if I could make some as now it looks as you can't get them anymore unless some one could tell me if I could get some from somewhere cheers
-
What part exactly are you talking about, is it the rubber case protector?
-
Assuming you are referring to the two rectangular blocks with 2 counterbored holes in each, then Nylon 66 would be my first choice for those. It has many other names such as Ertalon - try google.
We used it in the Aircraft industry for wear strips on various mech test projects, where we tried to break airframes by repeated loading/unloading. It has great wear, chemical and impact resistance and a melting point in excess of 250 deg C.
There are lots of places on fleabay selling off cuts in various thicknesses, most with 'free delivery'
Ian
-
There is one here: https://www.mgparts.nl/product/honda-cb400f-kettinggeleider-23132-333-010-guide-primary/
If you need two then maybe buy this one and use as a pattern to follow orcadian's suggestion.
-
I'll send one as a pattern if you need one.
-
thanks guys for the response i have a pair just one is very worn so was look for a replacement. thanks orcadain ill have a look into what you have said and see what come up with.
-
If you only need the one then I would have thought an email to the place in Holland to see what they would charge for carriage would be worth a shot, they only quote 7.50 Euros for the part.