Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: billdn on March 21, 2017, 07:46:56 PM
-
electrics is not my thing, so I've been following Mr Haynes/Clymer. i tested the three yellow wires as it says but the minimum value should be 0.65 ish so if i'm getting more than that averaging 1.0 -1.5 am i OK or is the coil kaput?
-
Depends how accurate your ohm meter is. It's difficult to measure low resistances accurately with a bog standard meter. Your readings sound OK, it's not like they're open circuit or anything.
-
Thanks Mike. I'll invest in a lower range multimeter I think.
-
It's more helpful to test the ac output of the coils or, better still, check the charging current from the rectifier to the battery. An ideal tool for testing current is a clamp meter. Failing that, checking the dc voltage when the engine is running.