Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Integra99 on March 23, 2017, 04:26:32 PM

Title: CB400/4 Supersport
Post by: Integra99 on March 23, 2017, 04:26:32 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum and have a CB400/4 SS

It had an oil leak on the rubber seal around the cam cover. I'm not used to this type of cover and I changed the seal and bolted the cover straight back on. I now realise I should have perhaps loosened off the valves, I took the inspection covers off as cleaned the cover but left the valves and simply bolted up the cover to spec.

Before I start her up could I have damaged them? I have kicked over by hand and seems ok but wanted to check as this looks like a site that would know,

Thanks
Title: Re: CB400/4 Supersport
Post by: mike the bike on March 23, 2017, 05:26:22 PM
It's always worth rechecking the tappet clearances,  it's unlikely any damage would have been caused though.
Title: Re: CB400/4 Supersport
Post by: Integra99 on March 23, 2017, 05:36:11 PM
Yes I thought it should be ok and then read the manual.. and noted to slacken first. I'll check the tolerances many thanks!