Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Stoko on April 01, 2017, 04:41:24 PM

Title: CB 750 Petrol Tank
Post by: Stoko on April 01, 2017, 04:41:24 PM
Can anyone recommend a good Petrol tank restorer please!!  My tank  (1977/78 F2 Supersports) Has leaks both side where the brackets that hold the name plates are attached to the tank!!  Would prefer a repair rather than sealing the inside, Cheers.
Title: Re: CB 750 Petrol Tank
Post by: Magster on April 01, 2017, 05:27:01 PM
Hi

I just had to do the same with mine. After blasting it was absolutley full of holes and leaked at the seam. I used the Frost kit to seal the inside and patched up some of the larger holes on the outside too. It has worked a treat for me and I have no sign of leaks. 78 F2 also.

http://www.frost.co.uk/por15-motorcycle-fuel-tank-repair-kit.html

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Magnus.