Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Bigbadbob on April 03, 2017, 10:24:08 PM

Title: CB750 K2, My battery goes flat after a short ride.
Post by: Bigbadbob on April 03, 2017, 10:24:08 PM
Hi, hopefully someone out there be able to help me with my charging problem? I'm not very good when it comes to electrics and I've tried following some You Tube videos without success. 
Basically the expert in the video states that there is no point changing the rectifier if there is a problem with my voltage regulator or my field cores, also I read that if the yellow wires from the field cores are are not showing the correct resistance then then the bike won't charge.
I tried testing this last summer and my resistance was slightly down on all 3 yellow wires.
If I've got to spend the money and buy a new field core and a voltage regulator and a rectifier then I'll bite the bullet, but obviously don't want to waste my time and money if I don't need some of these parts.
Can anybody shed any light on the likely problem?
Thanks for any advise you can offer.
Title: Re: CB750 K2, My battery goes flat after a short ride.
Post by: Trigger on April 03, 2017, 10:30:47 PM
Sorry, I wish I could answer your question but, I am shite at electrics. Should be some member along shortly that is a electric guru. Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC.
Title: Re: CB750 K2, My battery goes flat after a short ride.
Post by: philward on April 03, 2017, 10:33:25 PM
Welcome to the forum - one of the 'sparks' experts will be along shortly to help you  I guess
Title: Re: CB750 K2, My battery goes flat after a short ride.
Post by: Bryanj on April 04, 2017, 07:06:12 AM
Coils rarely fail and unless you spend a lot of money for a meter you will not get an accurate reading anyway as the resistances are so low. As long as you get a reading across all 3 pairs of yellow and across the green white you should be OK.

Most faults are down to bad connections, next to an old, badly adjusted regulator and lastly the rectifier this is all after you have proved the battery to be good
Title: Re: CB750 K2, My battery goes flat after a short ride.
Post by: Bryanj on April 04, 2017, 08:23:54 AM
Further to what i said if you have a voltmeter and wish to ring me on 07795162623 AFTER 8pm SUNDAY to THURSDAY ONLY i will give you some step by step tests and what to do if you don't get the right readings