Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: wheelysteve on April 04, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

Title: Flat Spot
Post by: wheelysteve on April 04, 2017, 10:10:43 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie on here so go easy!! I currently have 4 old Zeds but would like to add a CB750 to my collection.

I have been offered a 1975 CB750K4 which was apparently restored some time ago by John Wyatt. It's in very nice condition but has a large flat spot at just below 3000rpm to about 4000rpm. Either side of this , it runs nicely. Ive left it with the seller to try to sort this.
My question is , is this likely to be something simple in the carb settings or could it be caused by a serious issue?

Another question.....this bike has Takasago  rims (same as my old Zeds). Are these normal fitment as I thought CB's came with DID rims ?

Any other advice gratefully received as my knowledge of the 750 is limited.

Cheers Steve
Title: Re: Flat Spot
Post by: Green1 on April 04, 2017, 10:24:20 PM
D.I.D as standard My bike developed a flat spot at about 3500rpm
HT leads caused it the first time.
Second time the points needed a clean