Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on April 15, 2017, 01:20:08 PM

Title: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: philward on April 15, 2017, 01:20:08 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Motobat battery for my K2 - for all the reasons articulated by forum members - and looking at the pictures on ebay, the battery posts appear to bolt through vertical post (ie they don't bolt down from the top) - which is 90 degrees out from standard fitting.
Is this a generic picture and the actual battery post is as per the standard 750 battery or would I need to modify battery lead to twist it through 90 degrees?
I'm sure that there must be forum members who use this battery who can advise
Thanks
Phil
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: royhall on April 15, 2017, 03:59:37 PM
Phil. I have had 3 Motobatts recently for different bikes and they all had posts that bolt either way. One of them went onto a 750, so you should be good to go.
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: Mag1 on April 15, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
"the battery posts appear to bolt through vertical post (ie they don't bolt down from the top)"

yes they do, the battery comes with screws and fixing terminals, so you can have your terminals either on top or from the side or both sides. Can confirm excellent battery and worth investing in if your after a new one.
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: RGP750 on April 15, 2017, 05:48:24 PM
Just put one on my K0  Perfect.
As said fit both ways
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 15, 2017, 06:17:18 PM
Had one on my CR lying on its side for 2 years, holds its charge perfectly, had one on my xjr1300 for 3 years until I sold the bike, never needed supplementary charging, best batteries I've ever used, roughly the same weight as a lead acid, they have 4 terminals, you can even connect them diagonally if needs be.
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: Green1 on April 15, 2017, 06:21:38 PM
As above I have one fitted on its side in a Triumph Trophy starts first time every time even after standing for months.
I have them in all my bikes.
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: flatfour on April 15, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
I fitted one of these to my CB750 K2 around two years ago - faultless to date and with the connectors supplied, the terminals fit as per the original flooded acid battery.
Title: Re: cb750k Motobat battery
Post by: philward on April 16, 2017, 12:13:30 AM
Thanks  guys - I'll order one

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk