Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Mag1 on April 17, 2017, 10:56:39 AM
-
good day all, well i had my engine running yesterday for the first time, and boy was it good to hear it after all this time rebuilding. she runs great. this was a test run before i install everything else like airbag, oil breather pipes etc. i had the carb floats measured at 14.5 as recommeded, all new parts in carbs, apart from overflow tube and floats these are fine at the moment, however when filling the carbs from remote fuel tank two carbs overflow, so 1) i need to complete the fuel level tube levels on each, which i don't mind doing, and 2) maybe my overflow tubes are split, i need to inspect these closely. if i do need new overflow tubes in 1 or two of the carbs how easy is this and where do i get just the tubes for PD carbs?, is there a remedy to fix insitu? maybe some resin?. apart from that she ran great, but ran on half choke, which i presume is because i have no air filter box installed at the moment and the i need to balance the carbs.
-
I had a split tube on mine, a hairline crack running the length of the brass tube, someone on the forum kindly gave me a replacement bowl, I guess you can pull the tubes out and replace but I've not heard of anyone doing it, if they are cracked it may be possible to solder them?, I'm sure the choke being needed is down to the airbox not being on.
-
Thanks Mark, was thinking of soldering or maybe POR15 to paint over them, but that's a last resort. I have to carb float check first, then recheck them. Does not look easy to replace these overflow tubes, fragile I suppose.
-
You can solder them....it's slightly awkward, but a fibreglass pencil to clean it up makes the job easier and low temperature modellers solder means much less heat involved.....a mini gas torch is perfect for the job.
Mick.