Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Niko on May 03, 2017, 01:24:43 PM
-
Hi
My tap won't shut off completely.....which is a pain
I've tried to seat the little plastic yellow cone shaped valve better ....and cleaned it up but it still drips.
Is it an issue to change it to a single outlet...and connect the second pipe into the line....
Or....is it possible to source a new double jobby.
Cheers
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
try this ,
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB500K1-FOUR-1972/part_61564/
-
Niko, think yours is the later 550F petcock fitting. Not sure what thread you have coming from the tank. But I know the early US 550s had a 20mm thread and the later 550K3 (which had a single outlet had a 16mm). So be careful, but cant see it being a problem if you can find a suitable splitter.
-
try this ,
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB500K1-FOUR-1972/part_61564/
That's not mine John....but thanks for the link
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Niko, think yours is the later 550F petcock fitting. Not sure what thread you have coming from the tank. But I know the early US 550s had a 20mm thread and the later 550K3 (which had a single outlet had a 16mm). So be careful, but cant see it being a problem if you can find a suitable splitter.
Thanks for the heads up
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Hi, I don't know if your's is a 500 or a 550 or if there is a difference but I have solved a problem with my leaking fuel tap tonight.
The 500 double nozzle tap has it's fixing screws within the bowl of the tap and I originally put shake-proof washers under the screw heads and the tap leaked when in the off position. Once I'd had a brain fart and realised I was being a plonker I replaced the washers for fibre washers and the leaked is stopped.
Hope that helps your leaky issue.
Peter.
-
Send me a PM-I may be able to help.