Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: captaink on May 15, 2017, 02:34:03 PM

Title: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on May 15, 2017, 02:34:03 PM
Hi, Can anyone explain the differences if there are any from around the 1975 CB 750's to a 1978 model F2's
I'm looking for a 4-4 system for my 78 F2 engine Rickman, Silvers show a 4-4 system for earlier models and was wondering if I could fit or adapt it
Any assistance appreciated.

I'm also currently discussing with a man I know who manufactures systems and will be discussing the making of a 4-4 mild steel CR750 replica system for another bike I have.

Regards Keith
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on May 15, 2017, 02:59:51 PM
You would need to buy a set of exhaust mounting stubs and crosshead screws, remove your existing exhaust studs, then replace with the new parts. Then make some brackets to mount the 4 into 4 on your frame. ;D
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on May 15, 2017, 04:04:20 PM
OK so it could be done ?
removing studs and making a bracket no problem but the mounting stubs and screws are these as used on the say 1975 models ?

Cheers
Keith
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on May 15, 2017, 04:12:17 PM
Yes, the same stubs are used from K0 through to K6, I seem to recall DSS does full sets of pattern ones as well as genuine

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on May 15, 2017, 04:16:47 PM
Sorry to be thick but you haven't got  a picture of it ?
Cheers
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on May 15, 2017, 04:23:19 PM
Not at the moment, I'm not at home at the moment, should be home by 6 if nobody beats me to it.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on May 15, 2017, 04:42:11 PM
Managed to download one on my phone(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/1e58a41632fde6d0af1985475e314a45.jpg)
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on May 30, 2017, 05:38:44 PM
Hi Hairygit,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Thanks for the information I will most likely in the next few weeks purchase from Silvers the 4-4 system and use the stubs as the picture to fit to my 1978 /9 F2 Rickman 836cc  engine.

Thanks again for the information


p.s. have you ever thought of changing your name 'HAIRYGIT' to something more say upmarket ? ;) ;) ;D ;D
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on May 30, 2017, 07:03:50 PM
Hi Hairygit,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Thanks for the information I will most likely in the next few weeks purchase from Silvers the 4-4 system and use the stubs as the picture to fit to my 1978 /9 F2 Rickman 836cc  engine.

Thanks again for the information


p.s. have you ever thought of changing your name 'HAIRYGIT' to something more say upmarket ? ;) ;) ;D ;D
  Absolutely not, I may be the wrong side of 50, but I still have long hair and a Taliban beard! My nephew and nieces have only ever known me as "Uncle Hairy" and my Mrs will vouch for me being a git! ;D
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: RGP750 on May 30, 2017, 09:54:11 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on May 31, 2017, 09:11:07 AM
I thought your Avatar was you, covered in green hair  ;D ;D
silly me
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on May 31, 2017, 10:45:17 AM
I thought your Avatar was you, covered in green hair  ;D ;D
silly me
Think you need a trip to specsavers if you can see green hair in my avatar!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on June 13, 2017, 09:29:30 PM
Took delivery of the 4-4 system today from D Silvers, first impressions, very nice quality.
Have removed the engine exhaust studs ready for the countersunk screws.
This system is being fitted on my Rickman but I of course need to put the engine in the bike first but I need to sought out a small problem of the head gasket.
After this the rear exhaust brackets will need to be made.
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on June 14, 2017, 07:34:44 PM
Arrived and trial fitted  :D

Thanks for the replies I received, cheers
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: Mag1 on June 14, 2017, 11:01:07 PM
Are you kidding me......... that workshop is cleaner than an operating room, my hat to you sir. Very nice, wish my house was that clean never mind my workshop.
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: captaink on June 16, 2017, 04:04:22 PM
Cleanliness is next to Godleness they say ! 8)
Title: Re: 4 into 4 Exhaust system
Post by: hairygit on June 16, 2017, 05:17:55 PM
Cleanliness is next to Godleness they say ! 8)
Not so sure that's a good thing!(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170616/ee2d9e45c7d7063380d1d6101b4ab988.jpg)