Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Trigger on May 15, 2017, 05:51:28 PM

Title: Nice 400 Four
Post by: Trigger on May 15, 2017, 05:51:28 PM
It is nice to see one of these restored to its former splendour >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB-400-Four-Fully-Restored-/192184986293?hash=item2cbf1e2ab5:g:VccAAOSwrhBZCve6
Title: Re: Nice 400 Four
Post by: hairygit on May 15, 2017, 06:00:35 PM
Does look good from the photos, is it a reasonable price tag?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Nice 400 Four
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 15, 2017, 06:05:11 PM
You can't put a price on beauty Hairy 😉😉😉
Title: Re: Nice 400 Four
Post by: Laverda Dave on May 15, 2017, 08:35:18 PM
Lovely looking restoration.  The coils are aftermarket and are a bit shorter then the originals, I had to make a spacer for mine to make them fit (see photo).
The price asked is unlikely to get the seller his money back on what it cost in parts and services to restore , my own resto is up at 6k and my time is 'free'. I will post some photos of the completed bike as soon as I've managed to balance the carbs, they are proving to be a nightmare to tune properly >:(
Title: Re: Nice 400 Four
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on May 16, 2017, 11:01:55 AM
Very nice to see the engine/carburettor detail with the tank off, a credit to the engine builder. Not sure about the loom 'sorted'?
Title: Re: Nice 400 Four
Post by: paul G on May 16, 2017, 12:39:53 PM
Very nice to see the engine/carburettor detail with the tank off, a credit to the engine builder. Not sure about the loom 'sorted'?

Why would you miss the black caps off the air screws when you have gone to that much trouble :o
Title: Re: Nice 400 Four
Post by: AshimotoK0 on May 16, 2017, 01:31:21 PM
Very nice but not sure the seat isn't pattern by the buckle on it and  no '377' marking on the pan,  that I can see anyway . I think for that kind of money I would also want non-scripted DID rims, sprocket  guard fitted  and proper Showa shocks plus of course metal plug caps. He doesn't say if exhaust system is genuine or not either, which you would expect it to be for that kind of money. But hey-ho I might be out of touch with prices ... James is always telling me I am. Having said that I notice Frank has reduced his Genuine UK early CB750K0 to a price I think is much nearer the mark but still slightly overpriced  (it was £20k for ages). £7k is still a hell of a reduction though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Honda-CB750-K0-Rare-Early-Diecast-Classic-Vintage-Gen-UK-Bike-Ex-John-Wyatt-/132169547161?hash=item1ec5eb3d99:g:RPEAAOSwWiBY~i6c