Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Mag1 on May 18, 2017, 11:23:05 PM

Title: Jet sizes for pd 41a carbs
Post by: Mag1 on May 18, 2017, 11:23:05 PM
I had my carbs refurbed by a friend a while ago using the carb repair kit from Dss, the jet that came with the set is #155, looking through the specs I can't find what was the original size jet only us specs which state that a 1977 cb750 are 115. Which is the correct standard size?. I have 4 into 1 and race cone exhaust with standard air filter. Any recommendations of jet sizes I should use?. When I started the bike a few weeks ago it ran fine, just backfired at higher revs, but that was down to no air box fitted. Any help will be greatly received. Maybe 120, or 130 jets?
Title: Re: Jet sizes for pd 41a carbs
Post by: Spitfire on May 19, 2017, 12:00:12 PM
Here you go
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/settings%20for%20cb750%20carbs_zpsffdshsrc.jpg)

Cheers

Dennis


Title: Re: Jet sizes for pd 41a carbs
Post by: Mag1 on May 19, 2017, 04:17:35 PM
Cheers Dennis, looks like same as us bikes then #115 jets.
Title: Re: Jet sizes for pd 41a carbs
Post by: petermigreen on May 19, 2017, 07:15:52 PM
Wow what a great chart.
Does the JN column refer to the needle clip position. I'm guessing this is number of notches from the top?
Peter.
Title: Re: Jet sizes for pd 41a carbs
Post by: Spitfire on May 19, 2017, 07:34:02 PM
Yes it's a handy chart I think I got it from the US site, I think that JN is Jet Needle so will be specifying the needle position.

Cheers

Dennis
Title: Re: Jet sizes for pd 41a carbs
Post by: petermigreen on May 19, 2017, 08:08:08 PM
Thanks, quite serendipitous as I'm moving my clip positions on my 500 this very night as I blindly put them in the wrong position when I reassembled the carbs some time ago and was experiencing bog down on acceleration. Great!
Peter