Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Jae on June 29, 2017, 08:58:57 AM

Title: MOLY
Post by: Jae on June 29, 2017, 08:58:57 AM
Hi,
I`ve been on David Silvers web site to order some parts for my K4, and at the top of the list was LiquiMoly 4T Mineral Oil. Has anyone used this and is it any good?
(https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/graphics/parts/LIQUIMOLY%204LTR.jpg)
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K4-FOUR-1974-USA/part_313591/ (https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K4-FOUR-1974-USA/part_313591/)
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: Jae on June 30, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
is this a taboo subject... ;D
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: paul G on June 30, 2017, 12:27:37 PM
Or could it be just no one has used it  ;) ;)
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: Trigger on June 30, 2017, 01:20:00 PM
Tooo many ££££ for me ;)
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: K2-K6 on June 30, 2017, 03:23:41 PM
Not taboo,  but I've no experience of it.

Can't immediately see any real specs to offer a realistic view but most new good condition oils are not going to be a real problem compared to some of the knackered stuff I see people have in their engines.
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: Greebo on June 30, 2017, 03:53:12 PM
this was recommended on the Forum by someone somewhere
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Millers-Oils-ZSS-10w40-SG-SH-SJ-Motorcycle-Semi-Synthetic-4T-Engine-Oil-4-Litre-/171581111838?hash=item27f307fe1e:g:~f0AAOSwaNBUiv9z.

I use Motul 15w-50 semi synth, it is a bit minty.. but there again so is an engine rebuild.. :o
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: MarkCR750 on June 30, 2017, 04:06:43 PM
Mogul is good stuff, that said all of the premium brands are better than the oil the engine was designed to run with so provided it's a reasonable quality oil it will be fine.
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: Greebo on June 30, 2017, 04:13:34 PM
Mogul is good stuff, that said all of the premium brands are better than the oil the engine was designed to run with so provided it's a reasonable quality oil it will be fine.

Mark I think you mean Motul.. ;) :D
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: Jae on July 01, 2017, 11:40:39 AM
Thanks everyone....for a moment I thought I`d hit a nerve... ;D
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: MarkCR750 on July 01, 2017, 01:16:33 PM
Mogul is good stuff, that said all of the premium brands are better than the oil the engine was designed to run with so provided it's a reasonable quality oil it will be fine.

Mark I think you mean Motul.. ;) :D
Ha, that's right, Mosul 😄
Title: Re: MOLY
Post by: Green1 on July 01, 2017, 01:21:09 PM
I'm not going to get involved in an oil debate all I know is everything that's on the shelf is better than what these bike were made to run on.
There's just three things to remember Buy the right grade, buy cheap and change often