Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on August 24, 2017, 07:54:51 PM

Title: An yet another conman!
Post by: philward on August 24, 2017, 07:54:51 PM
What are these scammers upto - look at his other items. Surely ebay should be able to sus them out.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-Honda-cb-750-four-/311945702430?hash=item48a169ac1e:g:Z90AAOSw2b1Znxie
Title: Re: An yet another conman!
Post by: Johnwebley on August 24, 2017, 07:59:39 PM
listing has been pulled !!!
Title: Re: An yet another conman!
Post by: marvo on August 24, 2017, 09:09:53 PM
ebay are not very good at this, I spotted a scammer selling a Z1 at a price that made you think oh well maybe he wants a quick sale, I then looked at what else he had for 'sale'.......... boats, cars, tractors around £1m of kit, so obvious, all the ads were just cloned from genuine ones, not rocket science but ebay doesn't look closely, why should it? It doesn't give a stuff really, too busy making a fortune using a few geeks at our expense. Treat any online site with great caution it's a new world for con men.
Title: Re: An yet another conman!
Post by: kevski on August 25, 2017, 08:41:01 AM
EBay does no police itself it relies on the punters to point the scammers out.
Title: Re: An yet another conman!
Post by: MarkCR750 on August 26, 2017, 09:18:53 PM
I eBay emailed a seller yesterday asking if there was a reason that the Monster 1100s he was "selling for a friend " was effectively half price, no answer but the listing disappeared a couple of hours later.
Title: Re: An yet another conman!
Post by: Greebo on August 27, 2017, 10:11:36 AM
EBay does no police itself it relies on the punters to point the scammers out.

 True,
But I have had a few problems with ebay sellers mainly with misdescribing of goods &  either ebay or paypal always sort it out & got me the refund, sometimes I haven't even had to return the goods.

I bought a bike 6 years ago off ebay from a proper petrol head [£8.5K] & without viewing it....[280miles away], it was advertised as absolutely immaculate & a show bike,so after having a couple of conversations on the phone with this guy I was comfortable with what he was saying, & he also offered to delivery it on his trailer for an extra £50.
i gave the guy £300 deposit by credit card, he wanted the rest in cash obviously.
When he arrived with the bike I could not believe what I was seeing certainly very very different from the photos & what he told me on the phone, no where near immaculate not even very good, I did not even let him take it off the trailer & did not even want to hear it running...I told him I wanted my money back & sent him on his bike ..well bike on a trailer towed by a car. :P, he went with his tail between his legs  >:(...cutting a longer story short I did get my deposit back my card company sorted after a couple of letters... ;D