Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: AndyH on August 27, 2017, 06:43:36 AM

Title: Original colour or this?
Post by: AndyH on August 27, 2017, 06:43:36 AM
I'm tossing up between getting the tank and side covers painted in one of the original colours, or staying with what's currently on the tank.  I quite like the candy blue effect and also the "reverse" colour scheme (black tank with blue panels rather than vice versa).  If I stay with the tank as is, I'll try and get the side covers matched with the blue.
Title: Re: Original colour or this?
Post by: hairygit on August 27, 2017, 07:36:14 AM
Only you can decide what you want, as it's your bike and you have to live with it. Paintwork can be an expensive part of any rebuild/ restored. If you have a copy of Photoshop or similar, or a mate who has, spend a couple of hours with some photos of it, and manipulate various colour scheme ideas to see how they would look on the bike. Far better to spend time exploring all your different ideas rather than painting it, then deciding you would have preferred it another colour scheme!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Original colour or this?
Post by: AndyH on August 27, 2017, 08:12:26 AM
Only you can decide what you want, as it's your bike and you have to live with it. Paintwork can be an expensive part of any rebuild/ restored. If you have a copy of Photoshop or similar, or a mate who has, spend a couple of hours with some photos of it, and manipulate various colour scheme ideas to see how they would look on the bike. Far better to spend time exploring all your different ideas rather than painting it, then deciding you would have preferred it another colour scheme!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Very true mate!  I certainly acknowledge that at the end of the day it's my decision.  There's no rush yet anyway, and I'll probably change my mind several times before making a final choice.   Ah....decisions, decisions..... :P ;D
Title: Re: Original colour or this?
Post by: hairygit on August 27, 2017, 08:16:35 AM
Exactly why I suggested using Photoshop or similar. Get some photos of a bike like yours from internet, and play with all the colour schemes you can think of, will only cost time, and you get to see what it will look like on the bike before spending a fortune on paint, only to find what seemed a good idea isn't so good actually on the bike!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk