Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: AndyH on August 28, 2017, 09:04:00 AM

Title: Retainer clip on LHS fork ear
Post by: AndyH on August 28, 2017, 09:04:00 AM
I've searched and searched to no avail!  I must be looking in the wrong places!  ???
Can someone please tell me the purpose of the clip? 
Thanks.
Title: Re: Retainer clip on LHS fork ear
Post by: hairygit on August 28, 2017, 09:31:10 AM
To hold the speedo cable?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Retainer clip on LHS fork ear
Post by: AndyH on August 28, 2017, 09:34:46 AM
To hold the speedo cable?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

I initially thought that, but the speedo cable is retained by a clamp on the front brake 3-way joint.
 
Title: Re: Retainer clip on LHS fork ear
Post by: Seabeowner on August 28, 2017, 09:37:51 AM
Himble, Don't think its speedo. It is just for the wiring to the front brake light switch. I can see yours just hovering near already.
Speedo cable on mine is through a clip on the bolt that holds the brake splitter to the lower yoke.
Title: Re: Retainer clip on LHS fork ear
Post by: AndyH on August 28, 2017, 09:43:50 AM
Many thanks Phil!  :)

I'll have to fabricate a clip for the brake splitter (3-way joint) as the PO had done away with it to make things fit with the "clubman" style handlebars.
Title: Re: Retainer clip on LHS fork ear
Post by: AndyH on August 28, 2017, 11:42:30 AM
It's for the brake switch wire.

 8)