Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: billdn on September 03, 2017, 03:02:16 PM
-
Anyone know where I can get 2 of the above. Part # 90101-377-000. Listed as unavailable on David Silver, Csmnl and Wemoto. Size 10 x 75mm . Would a normal bolt of required length and pitch do the job? Cable ties won't do it I guess 🙂
-
If they are just holding engine plates in place, then yes, if they are to go into threads in the crankcases, yes as well, but if they screw into the cases you MUST ensure you know the thread pitch when buying them.
Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk
-
I know the ones. They have nuts in the inside. I used some stainless steel ones from Screwfix but make sure they are not too long or they will damage your crankcase.
Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk
-
Try here.
http://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/BZP-8.8_ScrewBolt_HexHd_M10_THRpart.html
They are Bright Zinc plated high tensile (8.8) bolts. 2 for £1.79. Plus i guess 2 nuts and p&p.
-
Be very careful when fitting these lower engine bolts. There's an oil gallery behind one and a too-long bolt or missing out the spring washer will spoil your day. A healthy bit of paranoia will same a lot of swearing.
They screw into M10 nuts held captive (sort of) by the castings. Use copperslip on the bolts to make removal less of a job.