Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: FatFreddy on May 04, 2007, 04:45:41 PM

Title: Front wheel bearings removal
Post by: FatFreddy on May 04, 2007, 04:45:41 PM
Has any one here managed to remove the bearings from a CB750 front wheel WITHOUT the use of the Honda front wheel retainer wrench (part number 07910-3230101)? The bike in question is a CB750F2, but i'm sure the same retainer is used in most K and F models.

I've been in touch with David Silver Spares and the part is no longer available in this solar system.

I've tried tapping the retainer round with hammer and screwdriver/chisel, but i'm starting to ruin it, and don't want to completely butcher the retainer and render the use of a wrench useless (see pic below). Please help! I need to get this bike on the road asap.

Cheers,
Title: Re:Front wheel bearings removal
Post by: JonnyB on May 04, 2007, 06:29:23 PM
Are we talking about that soft aluminum retainer, I had to chop mine out, never did find a replacement, every seem fine without it
Title: Re:Front wheel bearings removal
Post by: FatFreddy on May 05, 2007, 02:41:12 PM
I'll have ago at making a tool as described by spitfire. I'll let you know how it goes and will post pictures in the other thread.