Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Moorey on October 24, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
-
Yesterday my much nicer half went on the ring round seeking agreed valuation on my 750f which was imported into this country in 1996. One company told her they only insured if they were UK spec. She can't remember which one unfortunately, but we have never come across this before.
Anyone else.?
I wonder if it would have been acceptable or not if I had converted to the same as UK spec. Not that I want to. The only part I would like that is UK spec would be the light switch.
-
sounds like they are talking from a script ,
I always ask for classic bike insurance,
saves them trying to tell me my 500 is a watercooled twin !!!
-
Have you tried Carol Nash for a quote although I've just received my renewal reminder from them and it's £80 higher then last year despite selling my Blackbird which I was told added £200 to last year's renewal!
I'm going to shop around but will suffer the same problem as recent years, that is trying to insure a modern bike (1999 VFR 800) with the classics. Carol Nash is the only company I know with a 'rider' type policy.
-
I have a carole nash fully comp multi-bike policy. 5 bikes the most modern of which is a 1999 zzr1100. My us import cb750 is currently insured on the vin number. The only issue i have had is them badgering me for a reg number after the 1st 30 days.. when i explained that its quite impossible to restore mot and register an import in 30 days they told me that the bike can remain covered on the vin but only for tpft.... which is perfectly ok as its not legal to ride anyway.
Footman james once told me that if you try to add more than one modern bike onto a classic multibike policy, the premium will shoot up.... 1 was the limit.
-
Try Carol Nash I have four bikes insured with them all classics on an agreed value.
-
Had my renewal with Carol Nash yesterday,gone up £45, paperwork says if premium up probably
due to adding a bike or new address, i have done neither so will be shopping around this week.
-
Switched my insurance from Carol Nash to Peter James as it increased too much over last years price, Peter James was £120 for my 1976 CB750F1.
Cheers
Dennis
-
Peter james insured my 73 350 f and 78 z1000 agreed value for £112, carol nash has not been carol nash for years, they are pulling peoples pants down.
-
I have 8 classic bikes with Carol Nash, agreed value and full Euro breakdown cover, every year they try upping the premium lots, and every year I phone them up and say "Nope, I ain't paying that!" so they drop it back to where it was last year or there abouts. This year I paid £145
They only try it on because a lot of the time folk just pay without looking around.
-
Whenever I get an insurance renewal and then get a better quote, the company invariably says they can match it. By default I tell them hard luck, you put me to this aggro, I'm taking my business elsewhere.
-
Insurance prices have gone up across the board... funny thing this year was.. i was renewing my insurance at the same time i bought the cb750... i got a renewal quote and when i added the cb on they recalculated and took a fiver off! Brilliant....
-
Similar. I went from TPFT to fully comp on my bike policy and the premium was only £1.00 higher !!!
-
She was seeking classic insurance just for the 750f. We can not have multibike policies as you can not have two riders on a multi policy. We both need to be insured to be able ride all bikes at all times and so they have to be insured separately. We have stuck with Bike Sure as all other quotes were dearer.
-
Yes, I have separate policies for all my bikes with the facility to ride any other bike not owned by me as long as it's insured by someone else. Works well for me. I think most of mine are with, or through, Swinton this year.
-
Yes, I have separate policies for all my bikes with the facility to ride any other bike not owned by me as long as it's insured by someone else. Works well for me. I think most of mine are with, or through, Swinton this year.
The only thing with that is when riding something not owned by you, the one you are riding is only insured 3rd party only. Don't know if you are aware of that. A lot think because they have fully comp they will still be covered full comp on something owned by someone else.
-
Yes, aware of that but it's better than nothing. Also, I only ride my bikes and Triggers bikes these days so if I throw one of mine down the road, it's insured fully comp, if I wreck one of his by throwing it down the road, he can repair it himself ;D ;D ;D
-
My CB750 K2 is U.S. Spec. and insured with Footman James on a multi - bike policy (VJMC Scheme). This has not posed any problems. I also checked this year that they had recorded it as an import whilst I was reviewing other information with them (my request, as I have been with them for some 15 years I do this from time to time) and they had it listed correctly. They did, as a matter of interest say that the premium is unaffected by this.
In the past I used other brokers and insurers and might do so again in future, however I always came across problems at some point - usually when insuring my one "new" bike that I use for touring, alongside the classics. Under my policy, I am able to run as many classics as I want (for an add - on fee) however, there must never be more modern bikes than classics on the policy. It also includes the usual European and UK breakdown cover as well as other common insurances and allows me to ride other classics (must be over 20 years old) on third - party only cover.
-
Try Lynbrooke, when I was with them the insurance was for me, my wife and my dad on any combination of about 5 machines for £148 a year and they never upped the price at renewal by much, plus no mid term alterations fees. When I actually have time to get a bike back running they will be the ones I call.
-
I've the 400/4 and a DT250 insured with footman james for £82 which seems pretty good. Always pleasant to deal with too and dont want to insure my house, boat, dog, funeral or wifes aunties wheelie bin at the same time.....