Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Asimohonda on June 17, 2007, 09:25:28 PM
-
:) Hi I,m a new member on here. 1 Picture of my CB750F1 1978 Quite a few changes from standard spec inc the alloy wheels & 810cc yoshi conversion ready for the summer if it ever stops raining regards Paul:) Sorry pictures too big will post another soon as I resize it
Post edited by: Asimohonda, at: 2007/06/17 21:31
-
New member lets try again with the picture some more work still to do but its now almost done 16k from new regards Asimo (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/php7aPzZrAM.jpg)
-
Looks lovely. What pipe? (show us the other side...)
-
:) Standard front pipe Marshall Deeeptone Exhaust Will post more pics soon Asimo
-
Where are you?
I've a mate with an F2 with a Marshall Deeptone. It's a hooligan pipe!
-
:) Not so sunny Nottingham Deeptones coming off I,v just bought a brand new Motad system \"you know what its like with bikes\" (they are never finished) I,m also changing the front wheel to the same make as the rear one which is a CMA,also fitting a Dresda box section swinging arm that I,v just had chromed to off set the naked left hand side of the bike plus some Hagon chrome shockers regards Asimo (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/php5PfFlBAM.jpg)
-
You may come to regret fitting the Motad as they are very quiet (in comparison). Most of the old 4s that you see on eBay etc seem to have Motad exhausts. Given the other mods you are making, I bet you end up with something louder!
-
:) You could well be right on this one But We have some major issues regarding noise where we live as we are surrounded by old folks who don,t like bikes at the best of times! \"But its OK for them to have their motor mowers going 24/7 from 7.30am\":blush: In the good old days Motad Exhausts had a tune for noise baffle system that you could adjust loud or silent ie very quiet it looks like that systems gone in this politically correct society:)regards Asimo \"onwards & upwards but never backwards\"
-
Jim Shea (on this site) spoke to Motad about the exhaust on his F1 and with their \"blessing\", drilled holes in the end baffle of his Motad (CB750F1). The result was slightly more noise at low revs (social) and much more rorty at higher revs (anti-social).
Much better.
-
Nice looking bike you have there, but then again, it looks just like mine !
Cheers
Den
-
Just found an old photo of mine when it was fairly new, the exhaust is stock Honda with a Dunstall silencer, which I may re use when I finish the rebuild, makes a nice sound.
Cheers
Den
-
OK try again to attach the pic (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/PFM_small.JPG)
Post edited by: Spitfire, at: 2007/06/22 20:00
-
:) Hi Den looks a nice bike Paul Dunstall made some great exhaust pipes that sounded fabulous in the late 70s for Honda Fours & they were also of an excellent quality something you don,t see these days.What was the rack that was fitted \"Craven\" reason I,m asking is racks aways seemed to foul the seat when you tried to lift them on Supersports I saw a rack in the USA fitted to an F1 Supersport while I was on holiday there so I took loads of pictures of it.The design was a clever answer to the problem of overcoming the seat issue \"it folded backwards after undoing a couple of 6mm bolts on wingnuts Sadly the maker has long since gone out of business so I will make my own & have it chromed.Why is it the F1 Supersport is the butt of many jokes in the so called Honda circles \"Rod Gibson\" of Classic Mechanics hates them to quote him they were the worst CB750 model ever made as he used one himself for two years & hated every minute of riding it? what he said I don,t agree with this F1 is my second Supersport The first one I px my CB750K2 for that one was brand new & also a great bike & totally reliable unlike my best mates brand new Triumph Trident that he bought at the same time as myself.My bike looks standard \"thats what I wanted it to look\" but its not it has a lot of 70,s \"Pops Yoshimura\" tuning bits inside the engine & some of my mate Steve Carpenter,s alloy bits & bobs don,t all F1,s look the same from a distance regards Asimo:) :)
-
:) Hi Den looks a nice bike Paul Dunstall made some great exhaust pipes that sounded fabulous in the late 70s for Honda Fours & they were also of an excellent quality something you don,t see these days.What was the rack that was fitted \"Craven\" reason I,m asking is racks aways seemed to foul the seat when you tried to lift them on Supersports I saw a rack in the USA fitted to an F1 Supersport while I was on holiday there so I took loads of pictures of it.The design was a clever answer to the problem of overcoming the seat issue \"it folded backwards after undoing a couple of 6mm bolts on wingnuts Sadly the maker has long since gone out of business so I will make my own & have it chromed.Why is it the F1 Supersport is the butt of many jokes in the so called Honda circles \"Rod Gibson\" of Classic Mechanics hates them to quote him they were the worst CB750 model ever made as he used one himself for two years & hated every minute of riding it? what he said I don,t agree with this F1 is my second Supersport The first one I px my CB750K2 for that one was brand new & also a great bike & totally reliable unlike my best mates brand new Triumph Trident that he bought at the same time as myself.My bike looks standard \"thats what I wanted it to look\" but its not it has a lot of 70,s \"Pops Yoshimura\" tuning bits inside the engine & some of my mate Steve Carpenter,s alloy bits & bobs don,t all F1,s look the same from a distance regards Asimo:) :)
-
Yes if my memory serves me right the rack was a Craven and I'm pretty sure that it did fold back to enable you to swing the seat over. Can't understand people not liking the F1, I had an early KO which was probably the best bike I have ever owned, then I bought a K2 new in 1972 and was very dissapointed, it was very slow and bland. I sold it a year later and bought a K1 which was much better, it was even better when I fitted a 900cc conversion. I traded it in for the F1 in 1976, the F1 was a vast improvement on the K2 and later K's, but it does not have those four flashy chrome pipes and the classic CB750 looks. Performance wise it was a step back to the K0 and K1 days with better handling. The F2 was even better but with a tendency to be more fragile than the K's and F1's.
Cheers
Den
-
:) Anything after an early CB750 would be bland:( although my own 1974 K2 actually flew and it was a great & reliable bike perhaps I was just lucky:laugh: I changed the usual things tyres for TT100s 410/19 425/18, Girling rear shocks,Ferodo front brake pads,the 4 into 4 Honda exhaust system lasted a couple of winters then was scrapped for a super chromed Jock Kerr 4 into 1 system very loud but also very well made I changed the colour from the horrible gold to a bright red after 2 years of riding in all weathers, fitted a Two to Four seat that I bought while at The Earls Court Bike Show,Allen screws all round, repainted the frame/swinging arm/chainguard as the paint just fell off at about the same time prob too much use of \"Gunk\" engine cleaner that was also a paint stripper!:ohmy:Then twin discs were fitted,new chain spockets,many oil changes + filters & a few sets of spark plugs but it just kept on going & going.I find the F1 Supersport a great bike,faster than the K2 it revs better but uses a bit more petrol yes its not as flashy as its 1969 Four pipe older brother but its still a great bike plus its nice to know they are now worth a few quid if they are in good order.Older people will go out of their way to talk to you about the bike male or female all you hear is I used to have one of those\" regards Asimo:)
-
Interesting to see Carpy mentioned on here.
In the 70's Eurodesign made a rack that hinged up so that you could open the seat. As I had a 500 I never had that problem. The bike in my avatar is fitted with the \"standard\" (ie non-opening) Eurodesign rack.
I have searched in vain for Eurodesign nowadays but nobody seems to have taken over the mantle. Shame as it was a good bit of kit.
-
:) Have you seen Steve,s new CB750 tee shirts I,v got 2 they are brilliant both in design & also good quality items:) \"Carpy\" goes from strength to strength in the USA & good luck to him:) On the subject of my old CB750K2 its reg was SRA 781M I,v done a DVLA vehicle check & its still alive & well It is now Grey in colour???????? If you own it give me an email I,v loads of pictures of it before during & after its resto in the late 70s. Asimo:)
-
Sounds like you liked to play around with your bike as well as I did, when I bought the K1 it had a dented tank so I filled it and sprayed a white undercoat ready for the gold, it looked that good that I changed my mind and sprayed it white. See pic of a cold and wet day in the 1970's.
Unfortunately a vehicle search would indicate that my old bike is dead.
Then came the 900cc kit, Koni's, steering damper, clip ons, 4-1, and 410.19 and 425.18 TT100's, great fun. But now I am doing the opposite and returning my F1 to stock, off has come the headlamp brackets, fork brace and most of the F2 bits, apart from the tank and seat which I will keep black.
Cheers
Den (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/RCMPRIESTFIELD_500_pixal.jpg)
Post edited by: Spitfire, at: 2007/06/24 14:54
-
:) Yes and I,m still at it changing bits!Honda RCM 45K is still on the DVLA computer as \"active\" although its not been taxed since 1980 so it may well be stashed away in someones shed or in bits : ohmy:Luv that waterproof suit straight out of the 70s :) Asimo
-
Asimohonda wrote:
:) its reg was SRA 781M I,v done a DVLA vehicle check & its still alive & well It is now Grey in colour???????? If you own it give me an email I,v loads of pictures of it before during & after its resto in the late 70s. Asimo:)
What's the link to do one of these searches? I've often wondered about some old bikes and cars of mine.
regards, Phil
-
:) Hi Phil,my search method is not available to the public but you can try
www.dvla.gov.uk/ click onto Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency & you
will locate a basic of what you need to search about a vehicle,s V5c & if
its taxed regards Asimo :)
-
Yes the red suit was great but for rallies the serious stuff came out, PVC chemical proof suit, a lot heavier and more waterproof. When I checked RCM out and saw it had not been taxed for so long I assumed it was dead, I wonder just how many bikes there are out there in peoples gardens, garages and sheds ?
Cheers
Den
-
:) Hi Den I would think quite a few bikes are stored in people,s sheds My Dad was a big fan & owner of BSA,s A7 & A10s I would love one of his old bikes one A7 He owned is still alive & well up in Co Durham.Whats the rain like where you are? here in Notts its a disaster zone My bikes are on high ground out of the rain I could do with that red suit of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!! regards Asimo:)
-
Hi Asimo, no floods here though the way it is raining there could be !
Yes I have a soft spot for BSA's, started on a D7 Bantam and eventually progressed to my A65R, went everywhere on that thing. Lots of things used to fall off though, horn, exhausts, and one day even the carb, single monobloc in those days. The big ends went on me hammering down Sulby straight in the IOM, had to rebuild it on the campsite, luckily I got to know a sidecar rider who used A65 engines so he helped a lot with knowledge about local engineering firms. It eventually ended up with a Lightning cam, pistons, head and twin concentrics. It's been sitting in my garage since 1986, but all the nice bits are in the loft, so one day I should get to it.
Pic is me and the A65 at Union Mills during the 1970 TT week
Cheers
Den (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/IOM_BSA_500px.JPG)
-
:) Hi Den it looks like the weather forcast was wrong again its been hot
and sunny today \"Sunday\" no more rain thank goodness!
Mmmmm 1970 I was still at school but we were all at the TT on holiday
and if I remember we all had a great time \"Malcolm Uphill\" won the
production TT on a Triumph :laugh: Nice pic of you and the Beesa at
Union Mills very retro \"make time & get it back on the road ASAP\" its
a part of our history! My next project is a Honda CB750 Cafe Racer
I,v just bought another CB750 from a guy who started to make a chopper
out of it but I got it just in time its a mix of F1 bits and a K2 engine Soon
as I have time I will post some pictures of it before I start to pull it to bits
regards Asimo :)