Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Jack on June 23, 2007, 04:54:09 PM

Title: Hello to all
Post by: Jack on June 23, 2007, 04:54:09 PM
Hi all I'm new here, I've got a '78 F2 and just wanted to introduce myself.
Title: Re:Hello to all
Post by: Spitfire on June 23, 2007, 07:59:45 PM
Hi Jack and welcome, where are you based ?

Cheers

Den
Title: Re:Hello to all
Post by: Jack on June 24, 2007, 10:24:09 AM
Hi Den, good to hear from you. I'm in Catterick North Yorkshire. Been looking on the map of where people are and I seem to be a bit isolated. Was hoping to meet up this summer with some other owners. Where abouts do you hail from.
Title: Re:Hello to all
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on June 24, 2007, 12:34:02 PM
Hello Jack

There are a few guys up there.

Register at www.sohc4.net and look up the \"UK Members\" thread.
Title: Re:Hello to all
Post by: Spitfire on June 24, 2007, 02:58:48 PM
Hi Jack,
          If you haven't got around to the map yet I live on the Wirral, unfortunately as I am very slow and carefull these days (and skint) it looks like my rebuild will miss the summer this year.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re:Hello to all
Post by: Jack on June 24, 2007, 10:11:40 PM
Hi Den, sorry to hear your up against it with getting your bike on the road. I just spent the last 10 months building my bike up from a box full of rusty bits, pleased to say though that it passed it's MOT last Friday. On the way back from the test centre it got a puncture in the back tyre, so now it's back in the garage again.

Not to worry, it needs new tyres anyway, my wife has observed though, that putting an old bike back on the road seems to be a continuous process.

I was a bit suprised that it would not go much over 75 - 80 mph, is this normal or do I need to have a look at re-furbishing by carbs?
Title: Re:Hello to all
Post by: Spitfire on June 25, 2007, 10:25:28 AM
Hi Jack,
           Would say that there is something mighty wrong if your bike is that slow, would do a complete service on it if I was you, check the points, timing, valve clearances, cam chain adjustment, carb settings, air filter, basically everything. I got a very good F2 manual from David Silver spares, it is not a general CB750 manual, it is a dedicated CB750F2 manual, give them a call.

Cheers

Den