Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Seabeowner on March 19, 2018, 11:58:36 AM
-
When I last had my 500k1 apart the centre selector fork showed some tell tale signs of wear. I thought the fork tips looked ok, but the wear is at the top of the arc. Never really had trouble selecting, so left it alone and all back together.
Question is, is the cure to replace the fork or does the channel in the drum wear and should that be replaced also?
-
You only need the fork BUT it is the one 500 part that is damn near unobtainium. It is the same as the 350 twin so good used ones are available in the US. NOS ones come up occasionally but expect to pay north of £75 without postage
-
Thanks Bryan. I ask because surprisingly the selector drum (but not the other two forks) on the 350 is also the same. And these parts often come up as a set.
-
Yup, but never seen a bad drum yet