Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Ian on August 03, 2007, 12:21:32 PM

Title: CB750 KO Front Wheel
Post by: Ian on August 03, 2007, 12:21:32 PM
I am refurbishing a 1970 KO CB 750, I bought new rims & spokes from David Silver, the back one is fine but the front hub has 36 spoke holes and the rim has 40. I junked the old rim (unluckly) when I got the new one, is there such a thing as a 36 spoke front rim or did I have an odd ball front wheel on the bike?
Title: Re: CB750 KO Front Wheel
Post by: Spitfire on August 03, 2007, 08:03:56 PM
First of all I am dead jealous, I owned a KO and it was the best bike I ever had, wish I still had it, as to your front wheel I have never heard of a 36 spoke front wheel, I have just had the wheels on my CB750F1 rebuilt and they are both 40 spoke.
Looking through my original CB750 manual (model CB750) there is a photo of the front wheel hub and it is a 40 holer as well, I counted them !
Do you have a photo of the hub ?

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: CB750 KO Front Wheel
Post by: Ian on August 06, 2007, 11:36:17 AM
Thanks Den,

I think I have a few at home, looks like I'll be searching for a new one.

Ian
Title: Re: CB750 KO Front Wheel
Post by: pinball on August 23, 2007, 08:37:03 PM
sounds like u hahe a 400/4 front wheel i have one on my 650 cafe racer.the right wheel will be hard to find a a good price.theres a few on ebay in the states a few hubs as well  steve
Title: Re: CB750 KO Front Wheel
Post by: Spitfire on August 29, 2007, 06:58:36 PM
Don't forget that later hubs are 4mm narrower than the early CB750 hubs.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: CB750 KO Front Wheel
Post by: Ian on August 30, 2007, 01:36:03 PM
OK, good to know. I got a bit lucky and found a used hub and brake disc from Braking Point the local breaker in Aberdeen, I pick up the new spoked and rimed wheel tomorrow.

Thanks
Ian