Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Spitfire on August 11, 2007, 08:01:06 PM

Title: Roll out
Post by: Spitfire on August 11, 2007, 08:01:06 PM
Well with the sunny weather we have been busy dashing around with the family but the Honda is still progressing, I finally could wheel the bike out of the garage and work in the sunshine, I'm sure this speeded up things.
Should get a battery on Monday and hopefully my slip on silencer will arrive from DSS before next Friday then I can see what I have here.

Cheers

Den
(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/5901/wFOWdN.jpg)
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Roll%20out/Roout11Aug2007-2.jpg)
(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5420/q084lT.jpg)
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Roll%20out/Rollout11Aug2007-6.jpg)


Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: dave400 on August 11, 2007, 09:12:47 PM
Outstanding work Den, I can see all the work time and money you
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: Asimohonda on August 12, 2007, 08:11:37 PM
Mmmmmmm nice job Den it looks the biz its a real credit to you lots of hard work has paid off regards Paul
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: JonnyB on August 13, 2007, 08:36:12 AM
Well done Dan, you must be really proud with the result, that's jaw dropping example.
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 13, 2007, 12:40:44 PM
Whilst I agree with the comments made, my eye couldn't help but be drawn to the lovely pink apparition in the garage behind (pink Comstars too !?).

Are you thinking of coming out?
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: Spitfire on August 13, 2007, 01:57:18 PM
It does look pink in the photo but sorry to disappoint it's actually a Ford Red, I bought the bike as a project in 1992 as I was a bit bored, the idea was to paint it completely red and finish it as a cafe, but in 1994 when I had just rebuilt the motor and was ready to lift it into the frame I got an job overseas and so it has sat there all these years. Once the F1 is finished it's next on the list.
See photo of the rolling chassis when I had just completed the paint.

Cheers

Den

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/F2-1992-2.jpg)
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: dave400 on August 13, 2007, 06:20:46 PM
Wow, the red bike will turn heads! Will you finish it in red?
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: Dave M on August 13, 2007, 07:09:43 PM
What is (was) it?
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: Spitfire on August 13, 2007, 07:17:55 PM
It's a 1977 CB750F2, I spotted it in the back garden next door to where my mate lived, it had sat out there for a couple of years uncovered with the plugs out. It also had a blue brush painted Hammerite frame, the tank was (still is) the original black, I kept that as a spare for the F1 and bought a tatty F1 tank to use instead.
The engine was fun to strip as you can image, once I'd manage to prise the barrels off it was a case of new pistons, rings, valves etc, though I'll probably take another look at it before I try to fire it up. I'll probably refinish it in stock colours this time, though I won't be as fussy with it as I was with the F1.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: dave400 on August 13, 2007, 07:35:53 PM
Thank goodness for the change in plans on your F2 Den
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: Spitfire on August 14, 2007, 04:46:21 PM
Nope all done the hard way, paint stripper, drill with a wire brush, and lots of rattle cans from Halfords, we had just switched shifts at work from 8 hour to 12 hours so I was working 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off so I needed something to stop me getting bored.
Title: Re: Roll out
Post by: dave400 on August 14, 2007, 07:28:29 PM
On the plus side when you start work on the F2 this time it should be well preserved. I like the red frame, my mate had a Hailwood replica with a red frame and I thought it looked great.