Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Spitfire on August 17, 2007, 02:27:22 PM

Title: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: Spitfire on August 17, 2007, 02:27:22 PM
OK guys,
            The last stage of the rebuild went faster than I thought, the bike is nearly ready but I'm not, who do you recommend insurance wise, this will save me a lot of phone calls ! I'm 55 and the bike is 1976.
I haven't even got a helmet yet, my 15 year old lid in the loft is probably past its sell by date now, so I'll have to start looking, and strangely enough all my biking gear has shrunk, especially around the waist, can't see how that happened !

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 17, 2007, 04:11:22 PM
Depends on the type of cover and policy you need, I recommend a classic fully comp policy with agreed value Den. I chose Footman James as the best value for my needs.
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: mick on August 17, 2007, 11:42:41 PM
Hi Den, i have my F1 & my KO on the same insurance policy , agreed value etc, by back , self repair etc , but only third party fire & theft 
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: Dave M on August 18, 2007, 08:16:37 AM
I'm with Lynbrook too.
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 18, 2007, 08:27:19 AM
Carole Nash.

When I "just" had one bike, it was about
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2007, 11:39:45 AM
Wow considering I live in a Beirut type area for crime, I
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: Dave M on August 18, 2007, 01:51:58 PM
I don't get any NCD because it's a Classic policy.

Imagine 60% off
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2007, 02:20:40 PM
Bugger no NCD on classic policies, I thought I'd lost mine because I'd called the breakdown service out  :o
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: Spitfire on August 18, 2007, 02:46:42 PM
Breakdown service ????
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 18, 2007, 05:43:57 PM
Yes Den.

If you break down, you phone the number on the card and they come along with a van and pick you up.

Seriously, it's included "free" on CN policies.  Used it once last year, they loaded my bike into the back of a van and took it home for me.
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2007, 06:37:18 PM
Breakdown service ????

Yep! I have to report that a newly rebuilt Honda can stop running just when you don
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2007, 06:38:27 PM
Yes Den.

If you break down, you phone the number on the card and they come along with a van and pick you up.

Seriously, it's included "free" on CN policies.  Used it once last year, they loaded my bike into the back of a van and took it home for me.

Steve, is yours AXA and Green Flag?

Dave
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2007, 06:51:35 PM
I don't get any NCD because it's a Classic policy.

Imagine 60% off
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: Spitfire on August 18, 2007, 08:29:09 PM
Now I am impressed ! CN policy have to give tham a ring.
Just got to stop it sounding like a bag of nails on tickover and I'll be away. Couldn't take it outside to work on it today (rain) so I took out the "duff" neutral switch, tested it on the bench, worked fine, put it back on the bike and again it worked, very odd.
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 18, 2007, 10:57:04 PM
So - just a dodgy connection then.
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2007, 11:25:21 PM
So - just a dodgy connection then.

Sort of
Title: Re: UK Bike insurance, who do you recommend
Post by: Spitfire on August 19, 2007, 11:24:46 AM
Not so sure about that, it worked fine last time until I started the bike up, there is a connection to the starter circuit to stop you starting it up in gear may be a problem there, will see.