Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Spitfire on September 02, 2007, 05:41:45 PM

Title: Keeping to 30 mph speed limits
Post by: Spitfire on September 02, 2007, 05:41:45 PM
Hi guys,
           I know I need to synch my carbs but trying to keep the old F1 under the 30 speed limit is not easy, it likes passing through 30 as I accelerate and change gears but certainly does not like cruising there, I'm up and down the gears with my nose on the speedo.
I remember having the same problem in the olden days but there are so many more 30 limits now, anyone else have the same problem with their bike ?

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Keeping to 30 mph speed limits
Post by: Dave M on September 02, 2007, 06:10:19 PM
Use a lower gear. Sounds nice too!
Title: Re: Keeping to 30 mph speed limits
Post by: dave400 on September 03, 2007, 12:05:03 AM
I also use a lower gear for 30mph driving, my 400 is not happy in top at 30   ;D
Title: Re: Keeping to 30 mph speed limits
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 03, 2007, 07:31:53 AM
The Advanced Motorcyclists train you to select a lower gear and to use the engine note as an indicator of speed. This saves having to check the speedo every 10 seconds!

I use 3rd for 30, 4th for 40 and fifth for 50 (on the Triumph)