Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Sam Johnson on September 21, 2007, 12:17:41 PM
-
Gents,
I have got my hands on an F1 motor in good condition, my question is
will it fit into the K2 frame and what do I have to do to fit the original
4 into 4 K2 pipes to it.
Also any ideas as to get the motors in and out of the frames would help.
Kind regards
Sam
-
Hi Sam, yes the F1 motor will fit in the k frame , you will have to take out the 8 exhaust studs and replace with the 4 exhaust stubs & 8 posi head screws, i have done it with my 1970 cb750, as for getting it in & out me & my son have got it down to a fine art just lifting them in & out others have used trolley jacks with some wood under the motor so you don't bugger it up ;), cheers mick.
-
Hey Sam, how you getting on with the engine change? cheers mick.
-
Mick,
Got the one out of the 'donor' F1 - cut the frame away!!!!
Engine is now on the workbench and I have just managed to remove the exhurst studs with heat, diesel and gentle tapping.
and of course the old '2 nuts - well in this case 3 nuts method'
I will now try and check over this motor to make sure it IS in better nick than the one it will replace.
I will try a plug chaser down the iffy number 2 plug on the current motor and see what that does, then get that motor running
right - if not then its SWOP time. I don't think I will be cutting the frame to get it out, how did you get the exhurst 'STUBS' out on
your K2? I am told they are held on by cross head screws (must chew up very easy).
Thanks for your interest.
Were abouts in Lanc's are you? I live just outside Warrington.
Sam
-
Hi Sam, i'm in Lancaster just up the road from you , you will probably need a impact driver & some patience to get the exhaust stub screws out , cheers mick.
-
Hi Sam,
I have a large metal philips T bar, I usually put it on the screw, hammer like hell for a while and then use leverage, they generally come out !
I live just down the road from you in Great Sutton.
Cheers
Den